AC Ferrari 312T vs McLaren M23 @ Silverstone - Tue 30 Dec 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Not me. But that's the times the aliens will be doing. And there are soft tires as well. ;)
I don't know where you get your facts but they are way off. Even the softs can't go below 1.58 and they're only good for a few laps. Not for a whole race.. So are you in or not?

I was the one who accidentally started votekicking whilst going through the times. Sorry for that. That was a cautious start from everyone and an eventful first lap with a handful of spins. Accidentally touched a McLaren in the middle of Maggots. Sorry for that.

I must also say that I'm not a fan of this slow down to 50 kph or 5 sec penalty thing. It completely ruins my concentration and line.

Night and happy new year all! ;)

Got stuck in the start mayhem... bit of a nudge into turn 4 and there she went. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the middle of the track, so sorry about whoever had his race ruined because of the incident.

Please keep in mind guys, no race is won at the start :thumbsup: Either way, it was very fun running the cars and they seem to be pretty balanced, even though the McLarens took the first 3 spots in Qualy.

Oh man, I think the grand total spin count for me was about 10, haha.
My back and front body got damaged to red, after some unavoidable incidents, but somehow I ended up setting faster lap times as the race went on.
Real fun to drive, hope I didn't cause too much of a heart attack to the guy in 2nd I think when I span on that one straight haha.

What a race! My pedals came loose on turn 4 in the first lap - so no brake. The rest of the race I had to hold the pedals with one foot while driving, what a nightmare. Sorry for the mess I caused there!

Got stuck in the start mayhem... bit of a nudge into turn 4 and there she went. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the middle of the track, so sorry about whoever had his race ruined because of the incident.

Please keep in mind guys, no race is won at the start :thumbsup: Either way, it was very fun running the cars and they seem to be pretty balanced, even though the McLarens took the first 3 spots in Qualy.
My fault for hitting you, could have avoided by going slower. Sorry.

When the lights went out on me everybody else was 100ft. ahead of me...my basic craptop is really not cut out for this :), I could see serious fps drops at times. I was the slowest on the track but could have gone the distance without pitting on softs if it wasn't for my own stupid mistake on the final laps. Grip dropped massively after nine laps.
Thanks for the race, guys!

Great funny race with great drivers :thumbsup:
I had the chance to be in 6 position at 7 laps of the end but I missed down shift many times and lost positions :( , I touch one car out of the track, I hope I didn't broke something .... Sorryfor that.

Thanks for this event, I wish you all a good end of the year ;)

See you on track in 2015.

4min and 40sec to go, i get to pits, change down fuel for 2 laps from 3 laps and with 4:30 im ready to go, but setup is validating, it usually doesn't take more then 5sec, but nop, 4:20to go and i could just barely make the last attempt on what would be best grip yet... nop 3:56 finally it unblocks the drive button... and situation being as it is, there was no last quali run.

Starting 3rd, intense battle with Akis on start, but then I see Petr is just pacing away from us. Well, first I was thinking he's cutting curbs too much risking, but he kept cosistent, so the hope of him spinning diminished. Then I'd figure it's h-shifter, but clutch isn't that slow on formule car to loose so much time and on quali we was super close. Well, lastly I'd think ok half race in, it must be soft tires, now is the time they drop and I close this 10sec gap. Nop, the hards started graining in badly then ... so obv you figure soft tire was def way to go, but noone mentioned this before the race, why would anyone even suspect, kunos soft tire drops real fast always, but this is mod tire and irl some soft tires last longer too, just operate on higher temp range.
Too bad, would have been a top battle between two of us for victory. Now, I know for the next time. Would also like to see how this car behaves on some other tracks curbs, because here I only used the inside curb of a under 110kmh corners, avoiding any fast curbs entirely. The line thru maggets and beckets was completely different, a little more like real life line tbh hehe.

Thx for lot of great events in 2014 and cya next year.

Nice race and congrats to the podium! (1:52 my ass)

My rotten luck (read incompetence) with AC continues. On first lap, turn 4, there was a mysterious collision which caused front end damage. Because of that my wheel was pointing to the right and I had to recalibrate my mind. Then someone hit my back, and that went red as well with extra damage on left back suspension. I battled on but noticed that I was holding people up, so eventually pulled aside and went for a magical pitstop. Gut feel change to the fuel amount didn't work since I ran out of fuel on the last lap (just as Akis was lapping me). Another magical pitstop was made to finish the race...

Thanks guys for the race! The first corners of the first lap were very hot, I was constantly looking at my sides and they were full of cars! So much pressure!

@Tuomas Tähtelä you must have made a great start! We had a nice fight while it lasted. I underestimated the length of my car's nose. Sorry for bumping you :(

That must have been the most intensive race if ever been! I had an amazing start and got from 6th to 3rd. @Akis Kevrekidis and me had a really tight fight but unfortunately he hit me. I got a red rear wing which for some reason didn't seem to change the car at all so that was nice. A couple of off-tracks due to the curbs and I was 11th. In the end I got up to 5th and even with some more damage I was able to drive 2.05 highs.

Edit: I though the softs wouldn't last, so I drove on hards. It didn't seem a lot slower though, I was only 0.3 seconds lower than on my qualifying lap.

Last edited:
I managed to avoid the initial first corner collisions by going off the track another car went off with me and we got the 5 second rule, the other car took off first and clipped my wing with his back tyre. Even though it was only a clip the back wing was completely destroyed. I got another bump before the end of the first lap and my front wing was destroyed. I pitted for new wings which took ages and ended up coming out just behind the cars I qualified ahead of so I was unlapping myself at that stage.

I don't know what the procedure is on unlapping yourself, I probably should have asked over teamspeak but even thinking about driving and working teamspeak was too much for my brain to handle. I was faster than the cars ahead but technically had to give the place back when I passed them.

I started to get into a zone on the last few laps and put in my fastest times on that combo then ran out of fuel on the last lap. That car combo would be nice in a longer race, the soft tyres could do 15 laps easily and mine had plenty of life left in them despite all the drifting they did in the race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back