Felipe Massa to Formula E in Three Year Venturi Deal

And hey, all you selfish E-mobility-Fanboys, who think we patrolheads aren't aware of the future.

I think, I can talk for many of these motorracingfans, when I say: We do not have any problem with the E-Motor at all, despite some "Sound-problems". (We do have that problem in other events, too)

It's the energystorage in that cars, and that hypocrisy surrounding it, that gets us mad.

Where is an FE-car charged? They use Diesel-generators behind the Pitwall.
How much cars do it need for ending a race? 2.
The circuits are so bad, they do need what to create some overtakes? Fanboost.

And hey, all you selfish E-mobility-Fanboys, who think we patrolheads aren't aware of the future.

I think, I can talk for many of these motorracingfans, when I say: We do not have any problem with the E-Motor at all, despite some "Sound-problems". (We do have that problem in other events, too)

It's the energystorage in that cars, and that hypocrisy surrounding it, that gets us mad.

Where is an FE-car charged? They use Diesel-generators behind the Pitwall.
How much cars do it need for ending a race? 2.
The circuits are so bad, they do need what to create some overtakes? Fanboost.
The tracks are suited perfectly for those cars, did you drive them yourself in rF2? I did.
And there is more overtaking action in a single race than the whole F1 seasons of the last decade combined, even without fanboost.... just watch a race to be informed.

The tracks are suited perfectly for those cars, did you drive them yourself in rF2? I did.
And there is more overtaking action in a single race than the whole F1 seasons of the last decade combined, even without fanboost.... just watch a race to be informed.

I did.

Really? Then how come I don't see anybody here driving 100% electric cars in the real world apart from some Tesla-folks who think they are in California?

Electrical vehicles will never be a real thing outside massive urban areas unless they quickly find a way to charge a battery under a few minutes and increase the range of the car by x50.

I believe in hybrid's in the real world but fully electric engines not so much.

Question: how does Formula E travel to all the races? By green electric planes? Green trucks?

I can't be more disagree about that!,
I have an electric car I use every day and I'm not in California and is not a Tesla.
You get 90% population basics needs for a daily driving with an electric car nowdays, not everybody needs to drive more than 200km to work, I just drive 80km. Wake up!, we need to move to the zero emissions even though electric are not 100% free of emissions if you don't have your own eco-power plant at home. But were I live I can use most of the time windpower, and in winter I really love to not need to fill up the car at -8C°, just having the car ready to go at my garage every day is fantastic! to not talk about the basic service it needs and the instant acceleration, and the lack of noise, and the lack of anoying vibrations.... and... and... just give them a try and you will see ;)

"electric are not 100% free of emissions". Great understatement right there as most electricity nowadays still comes from powerplants that aren't green at all.

And that is the issue i have with "green" cars and formula e. They aren't green. The circus travels by massive airliner jets that consume more fuel on a single flight than all the respondents in this thread will consume in a life time.

Motorsport isn't green and never will, regardless of how much marketing you unleash.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.