Felipe Massa to Formula E in Three Year Venturi Deal

Am I the only one, who would be interested in seeing a Hydrogen-Cell Endurance-Series? #speekaboutmotorsportfuture

I second that notion, both for racing, and for general transportation. Unless there is a serious battery breakthrough hydrogen is a very good bet for the future. Because Hydrogen vehicles have a plan to transport, use, and quickly refill energy, and hence you can generate and store the energy in a wide range of settings.

Plus they would sound nice so there.

Plus they would sound nice so there.

They won't. It's just a fizzling at high energyoutput. The best to describe it is: Sounds like a E-Car with turbowhistling. But I won't complain, if this means we get a really "green" technology. Right now, there is no future for batteried cars.

How many disagrees am I gonna get with this? Let's set a new RD record shall we?

I find Formula E more interesting than F1. The racing is closer, better, more innovative.

And fine, they dont make much noise, but as someone who has lost most of his hearing, this doesn't bother me.

Now ridicule me, I don't care. Everyone has their opinion, and if you don't like Formula E, don't chip in on conversations about the sport, just like I don't say anything in the F1 threads. :) Just because your not a fan of it, doesn't mean others aren't allowed to be :thumbsup:

Formula-E has been my guilt pleasure since playing those cars on Forza 7. That's probably a pile of shame over a bigger pile of shame to admit enjoying Forza 7 and Formula-E.

Nonetheless, if they are anything like in the game, they feel like driving a big R/C car. :D

FE could be reasonable (IMHO), and might be able to forgive the lack of sound if the following was fixed:
  • cars are very slow - they barely get over 100 mph. Make them as fast as LMP and that's a good start
  • tracks are incredibly dull. Try racing on spa, suzuka silverstone etc. and the many good tracks around the world
  • fan boost. WTF is that all about? X-Factor voting has no place in motorsport, sorry

They can't race on real tracks (with this gen car atleast) because they are too slow. I got bashed last time when I said FE was terrible and the tracks sucked.

With racing or Motorsport in general when you go to the track you go to hear the sounds and the general vicseral expirence. You don't really go to the race to follow it because TV is the only place you can actually really watch the race in detail. I go to Mid-Ohio a lot but I never go on the main day of the race because I'd rather watch it on TV. Plus when your there after a handful of laps and the pack spreads out it looks and sounds no different than if it was a practice session.

Id rather drive my car in a fast circle then go see an FE race where all I'll hear is a high pitched whine and tire squeals, it's almost the same thing really.

Really? Then how come I don't see anybody here driving 100% electric cars in the real world apart from some Tesla-folks who think they are in California?

Electrical vehicles will never be a real thing outside massive urban areas unless they quickly find a way to charge a battery under a few minutes and increase the range of the car by x50.

I believe in hybrid's in the real world but fully electric engines not so much.

Question: how does Formula E travel to all the races? By green electric planes? Green trucks?

Here in Montreal, I see plenty of cars by BMW, Nissan and Chevrolet that are 100% electric... not just Teslas.

The point of the electric car is not to completely replace combustion engines, at least not for a long time. It's simply to offer an alternative that is less polluting. And as you wrote, the electric car is designed for large urban areas. If I lived in a rural area, I would not consider buying an electric car, but I live in a big city and I'm looking at a couple of electric models to replace my old Toyota. It would feel great not to pay for gas anymore, knowing my money is not going to Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc...

Here in Montreal, I see plenty of cars by BMW, Nissan and Chevrolet that are 100% electric... not just Teslas.

The point of the electric car is not to completely replace combustion engines, at least not for a long time. It's simply to offer an alternative that is less polluting.......It would feel great not to pay for gas anymore, knowing my money is not going to Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc...

Components in those cars are products of Chinese heavy industry -- one of the biggest polluters in the world. And that's where your money goes too.

It's easy to be self-righteous when you're uninformed.

Recently, the concentration of FCKW in the Athmosphere doesn't drop as predicted. Despite it's forbidden, there's a new outburst of that stuff. Located in somewhere eastasia. I recently read, most of the new Akkumulatoren for E-Cars are produced somewhere in Korea, Thailand and China. Coincidence?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.