Feldbergring

Tracks Feldbergring 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have no explicit favourite corner/section, very hard to choose, but the one you mentioned could surely be one of them.
I do however find the hairpin before Sandplacken (main 'straight') extremely challenging. Even after about 1000km in all kinds of cars, I very seldom get that brake point correctly. I'm either a bit too late or a tad to early to hit the brakes (I know those hay bales pretty well by now) :D
That corner has given me such fits...You've probably seen me stuck in the hay bales on some of your visits. I don't know why...I know it's coming. You need a good run out of that corner for maximum velocity down that finishing section with the long straight. I've been passed there so many times because I've blown that corner. :redface: :( :mad:

However, as far as my favorite corner(s)?? Hmmm...There are so many that I find awesome. Usually for different reasons. Some for the difficulty getting it right...Some because of the way it flows. I haven't driven on the road since Friday so nothing is fresh in my mind.

I will say that one area that makes me hold my breath... That final fast left-right kink just before the top of the hill on the start/finish straight. In some cars it's not a huge deal, but in many cars I've gone off the road to the left so many times...especially when pushing for lap times...I want to keep the velocity up for the descent down the hill, but I go just a little too much over the limits of my car/tires.

Yeah, this has been mentioned before. I like them, so they are staying :) Lots of things around the track are factually or historically inaccurate, but it's a semi-fictional track (i.e. I have no photos except for the left-hander at the bottom of the village hill). Round hay bales were 'invented' in the 1960s so yes, about 10 years after this track's era, but 'hay' ho :D

Nah, it's fine. I think I would rather see it as a compliment, that someone likes the track enough to go to the trouble of making suggestions, or finding things to improve :)

The alternative is that no-one cares about the track and has no opinion at all ;) I do take all these comments on board, like for Deutschlandring I am looking at more rustic fencing (because that's something that was noted on FBR). It's better to see them as suggestions rather than criticism :)

I will take your suggestion and file it somewhere very dark and unfindable :roflmao:

shutterstock_65213782.jpg

:p

I don't really understand what you mean. Why did I put white lines on the road? Or why is it a tarmac surface?

Could you elaborate?

Sorry, I might have expected to see something looking more "old" regarding the road, but of cause it was new(er) back then. The photos I've dug up on the Feldbergrennen show little about if there actually was white lines on the road, but I know that they already painted roads with them back then.
Maybe just false alarm, but the road looking "modern" at places was the only thing that got me thinking it should look less modern, like the pit area. Obviously I couldn't know how it looked back then.
Edit: Just so you know, I'm only being objective and imidiate in how I percieve the track. Much like I told Lilski to make the patch lines on Riverside physical. That said, yes I do think Feldbergring also is very smooth, even though it has patches of different tarmac. I haven't looked much into it yet, but feeling and hearing the difference in tarmac is a huge plus in my book.

Last edited:
Ok, I understand what you mean now.

Unfortunately, I found hardly any photos from the 1950-1954 era, so the environment had to come from my imagination. I did find one photo showing the road and it had white lines painted on, and it looked okay in-game so I stuck with it.

Again, the pit area is fictional as I had no photos. I didn't even know if the pitlane was where I placed it, but it had to go somewhere! :roflmao:

I'm not even sure if there were cobbles through Oberreifenberg, but it seemed to work so I left it like that.

I am happy to add a little physical feedback from the tarmac patches (as I did on Thomson Road). I am holding off releasing the last update until the night mod stuff is all sorted, so maybe that will give me chance to adjust the road's physical mesh too.

Attachments

• RK1.jpg
    RK1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 1952noll-cron.jpg
    1952noll-cron.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 1953_start der  sw.JPG
    1953_start der sw.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 197
Nice with the future tarmac updates, I'll look forward to that :)

On the photo 1952noll, I'm certain it is only cobblestones at the road edges. It was probably all cobble even earlier, then they paved it on top to save the work of removing maybe century old cobbles. You can keep it as you like, I already think it is fun with cobbles. On RK1 it does indeed show white lines, although also a lot of tarmac surface inconsistensies, dried puddles of whatever etc.
If you make the road a tad grittier looking together with physical differencies, I think it'll be perfect.
Respect to the choices you made in general when not having any reference, it worked out pretty good ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 407 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 258 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 277 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.7%
Back