Feldbergring

Tracks Feldbergring 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Whats everyone's favourite corner/sequence/section of the track then?

For me there is one corner that - when taken right - just feels awesome. I'm not sure it has a name, so will try and illustrate it with a few pics;

We all know this corner, "Teufelsquartier" if the track map is to be believed. Probably been up and close to that bales/walls a few times when learning the track :p

kkwYmuKh.jpg

But thats not it, its the one in between that and "Stockborn", so has no name.

defDW2Sh.jpg

Its essentially two left handers with some fun elevation. You enter it pretty blind, seeing a left turn - but thats really quite deceptive - the real corner arrives just after it. So instead of taking the perceived apex, you have to stay uncomfortably wide to ensure you are able to get a clean exit out of the next one. Stay to the right, quick brake in a straight line, turn in early and hard on the throttle, getting nice and cosy with the fence on exit.

RVguu9Fh.jpg

ZhfX0tvh.jpg

If you stay too close to the apex of the first left, you have to brake whilst still with some lateral load and either just scrub off too much speed to make it or equally as frustrating just run wide into the fence :D

I have no explicit favourite corner/section, very hard to choose, but the one you mentioned could surely be one of them.
I do however find the hairpin before Sandplacken (main 'straight') extremely challenging. Even after about 1000km in all kinds of cars, I very seldom get that brake point correctly. I'm either a bit too late or a tad to early to hit the brakes (I know those hay bales pretty well by now) :D

Whats everyone's favourite corner/sequence/section of the track then?

The corner that @garyjpaterson described is also a favourite of mine - that one certainly got a lot more interesting once I had added the fences to the track.

But I think another good one is the left-hander before you get to the first gasthaus:

BiZRqrw.jpg

In the older cars, especially, I love the way you can really throw the car in and set it up to the left, and then wait for the car to kind of drop into the depression and slide to the right, just skimming the fence, and then power out of the corner. The 718 RS60 and the Lotus 49 both do that beautifully :inlove:

We are currently racing at Feldbergring with the Cobra and 33 Stradale. If anyone is interested search for "GRC" on the server list :)

Which Cobra? And is it well matched with the 33 out of the box? The 33 is probably my favorite of the historic tin-tops but I feel lonely driving it. Didn't realize it had any playmates in AC!

This corner is a frickin' nightmare on the 330 P4. The aerodynamics of the 908 LH makes it relatively easy and I haven't driven the GT40 much around Feldberg, but the Ferrari is so light you can lose control of it so easily in the middle of this downward corner, even if you don't apply gas.

Which Cobra? And is it well matched with the 33 out of the box? The 33 is probably my favorite of the historic tin-tops but I feel lonely driving it. Didn't realize it had any playmates in AC!
I call it the Unicorn Road Racer combo :geek: at very technical and slow circuits they might be ok without BoP, the Cobra normally needs around 60% restrictor.

We have a bunch of race liveries for it in our skin pack if you want to race it with the Cobra (and don't like mixing race liveries with road ones, like me.) If you want it search GRC in the download section and you should see GRC skin pack.

I call it the Unicorn Road Racer combo :geek: at very technical and slow circuits they might be ok without BoP, the Cobra normally needs around 60% restrictor.

We have a bunch of race liveries for it in our skin pack if you want to race it with the Cobra (and don't like mixing race liveries with road ones, like me.) If you want it search GRC in the download section and you should see GRC skin pack.

Thanks for the info! Only race livery I have for the 33 is my personal Charcoal/Light Blue nose combo I use on vintage cars. I'll definitely have a little search for that pack!

This corner is a frickin' nightmare on the 330 P4. The aerodynamics of the 908 LH makes it relatively easy and I haven't driven the GT40 much around Feldberg, but the Ferrari is so light you can lose control of it so easily in the middle of this downward corner, even if you don't apply gas.

This one is my favourite and least favourite at the same time. It's a nightmare but when you get it right it's spectacular.

This was posted a couple of weeks ago:
if you want, you can create a short list of tracks (no more than 5, please) that would meet those requirements:
  • scratch build project (no conversions from other games)
  • high quality
  • high rating on Race Department
  • high number of downloads on RD (make no sense spend a lot of our tme to support tracks that are not used enough by users)

thanks for your help

If you want to make RSR great again show some support for this track by suggesting Feldbergring here:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...e-timing-v2-0-027-is-back-online.606/page-307
If I could pick only one track to be added to RSR I think it would be this one.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 410 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 280 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 123 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.5%
Back