• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Misc Faster AI for all tracks 1.0

Makes Ai drive considerably faster

1. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +301
    ltcars submitted a new resource:

Faster AI - Makes Ai drive faster

Read more about this resource...

2. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +440
    Ok, I'll test it as soon as I have time.
    I hope the AI still behave well :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +440
    Uh and one simple question: was the AI faster in one of the previous versions of AC (earlier than 1.7)?

I don't race so often against the AI, but I remember it was very challenging even at 92-95% and now I find 100% AI not a challenge at all.
    Probably it depends massively by the car&track combo, or it's just me to be improved :D

4. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +301
    I own AC still 1.9, but I don't think Kunos made the ai slower. If they did it they made it for safety reasons.
    I think you just evolved

5. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +734
    I have a question:
    so the ai_hints file works with coordinates. If I want the AI faster on any track, do I have to fill in the right coordinates for every corner or can I just take your AI_hints.ini and the AI becomes faster because it's somehow a "global coordinate" with just one entry?
    Sorry if it's misunderstanding. Short version:
    Is ONE entry enough or do I need several entries?

6. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +301
    One entry is enough, because the coordinates go from 0% to 100%. If you want the ai only faster on some corners like for example Eau Rouge, you open the ingame developer DRS-app and drive the track and note the coordinates. Short answer to your question: Yes you can put the file just in your folder and it works.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +734
    Thanks for the quick answer! Thought it might me this simple but better to ask if you can :)
    You get 5 stars right now! Just for the explanation and "finding" of this nice tweak :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +440
    With 1.3x the AI cars are late-braking some key corners, sometimes they crash.
    At Silverstone for me 1.16 multiplier makes the AI fast enough without drive weird, but at Monza even the 1.3 multi is not enough.

Thank for this awesome tweak, but online racing at the moment is the only way to race competitive races :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +301
    I think the update made something weird. ut after the update you don't need the hints as much as before:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +440
    So.. no way to make AI cars faster?:rolleyes:

11. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +301
    Yes, but I think the problem is that the cars don't drive like on rails on the ideal line anymore, but they are still trying to take the extra speed around the corners which is only possible on the ideal line

12. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +301