Resource icon

Misc Faster AI for all tracks 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
ltcars submitted a new resource:

Faster AI - Makes Ai drive faster

Kunos makes the ai about 30% slower than they could be. This mod solves this "problem".
Note: If the ai can't handle the 30% plus, you can change the value in the ai_hints.ini file down to 1.0.

If there already is an ai_hints.ini file, don't replace it.
Do as follow:

This is the original file:View attachment 183705
The [Hint_X] is the chronology in which the hints are used, just use 0,1,2,3,... .
The START=XXX is the coordinate from where on the track where the...

Read more about this resource...

Uh and one simple question: was the AI faster in one of the previous versions of AC (earlier than 1.7)?

I don't race so often against the AI, but I remember it was very challenging even at 92-95% and now I find 100% AI not a challenge at all.
Probably it depends massively by the car&track combo, or it's just me to be improved :D

I own AC still 1.9, but I don't think Kunos made the ai slower. If they did it they made it for safety reasons.
I think you just evolved

I have a question:
so the ai_hints file works with coordinates. If I want the AI faster on any track, do I have to fill in the right coordinates for every corner or can I just take your AI_hints.ini and the AI becomes faster because it's somehow a "global coordinate" with just one entry?
Sorry if it's misunderstanding. Short version:
Is ONE entry enough or do I need several entries?

I have a question:
so the ai_hints file works with coordinates. If I want the AI faster on any track, do I have to fill in the right coordinates for every corner or can I just take your AI_hints.ini and the AI becomes faster because it's somehow a "global coordinate" with just one entry?
Sorry if it's misunderstanding. Short version:
Is ONE entry enough or do I need several entries?
One entry is enough, because the coordinates go from 0% to 100%. If you want the ai only faster on some corners like for example Eau Rouge, you open the ingame developer DRS-app and drive the track and note the coordinates. Short answer to your question: Yes you can put the file just in your folder and it works.

One entry is enough, because the coordinates go from 0% to 100%. If you want the ai only faster on some corners like for example Eau Rouge, you open the ingame developer DRS-app and drive the track and note the coordinates. Short answer to your question: Yes you can put the file just in your folder and it works.
Thanks for the quick answer! Thought it might me this simple but better to ask if you can :)
You get 5 stars right now! Just for the explanation and "finding" of this nice tweak :D

With 1.3x the AI cars are late-braking some key corners, sometimes they crash.
At Silverstone for me 1.16 multiplier makes the AI fast enough without drive weird, but at Monza even the 1.3 multi is not enough.

Thank for this awesome tweak, but online racing at the moment is the only way to race competitive races :(

With 1.3x the AI cars are late-braking some key corners, sometimes they crash.
At Silverstone for me 1.16 multiplier makes the AI fast enough without drive weird, but at Monza even the 1.3 multi is not enough.

Thank for this awesome tweak, but online racing at the moment is the only way to race competitive races :(
I think the update made something weird. ut after the update you don't need the hints as much as before:roflmao:

Hi

I have a question for you

Can you explain how work the DANGER and MAXSPEED hint?

The value 0 - 1 work are the same for all hints, 0 minimum Force - 1 ore XX max effect?

Tank’s

thanks a lot for this tip. I've used it for one track so far and it works a treat :)

How should i add it to these AI hints that are already in an AI hints file (for Miseluk):

[HINT_0]
START=0.04172099
END=0.0756192952
VALUE=1.1

[HINT_1]
START=0.090821382
END=0.114732727
VALUE=1.09

[HINT_2]
START=0.162972614
END=0.183833122
VALUE=1.02

[HINT_3]
START=0.470664918
END=0.5006519
VALUE=1.4

[HINT_4]
START=0.900912642
END=0.9230769
VALUE=1.05

My doubt is that adding your :

[HINT_0]
START=0
END=1
VALUE=1.1

will make the AI slower at Hint 3 in the example above. I guess I'm think what overrides what?

And in this example here from Miseluk GP:
[HINT_1]
START=0.36
END=0.43
VALUE=0.9

Will your Value=1.1 override this hint (value=0.9)?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back