Fanatec wheel bricked after latest firmware update

Help! Having serious problems with my almost brand new Fanatec CSW. Was prompted to update the firmware last night, so I did, and when it restarts afterwards and goes to calibrate, it gets about 45 degrees from finishing, stops and shuts the wheel off, disconnecting it from the PC. The tuning menu works and I can fiddle with the settings like the wheel is on, but it isn't: the fans aren't running, the power LCD isn't on, and the PC doesn't see it. I'm also getting resistance in the wheel that goes away when power is removed, so the wheel thinks it's on, but it's not.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled the firmware multiple times, with no luck. It was working just fine before the firmware update, now it's bricked and worthless.

Anyone else having issues with the new firmware? Any ideas or help before I contact Fanatec?

One thing about your dismissal of the hub being the problem; I believe it might very well be.

My CSW V2 failed to update its firmware on my previous PC.
It turned out this was due to the fact my USB port at the front panel where the CSW was plugged in was a HUB and not a direct mobo port.
It would only flash correctly when using a direct motherboard USB port.

Also, on my new PC it will not flash properly (random) while connected to one of my USB v3 ports (blue socket).

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input Robin. I had previously reflashed the wheel with it plugged into the hub (which is plugged directly into the mobo in back) which is why I didn't think it was an issue. Since I don't know what happened or why it happened, you could very well be right. This experience has made me incredibly reluctant to update the firmware so unless it is absolutely necessary, it isn't getting updated. And when it does, it will be directly plugged into a USB 2.0 on the mobo.

Upvote 0
Help! Having serious problems with my almost brand new Fanatec CSW. Was prompted to update the firmware last night, so I did, and when it restarts afterwards and goes to calibrate, it gets about 45 degrees from finishing, stops and shuts the wheel off, disconnecting it from the PC. The tuning menu works and I can fiddle with the settings like the wheel is on, but it isn't: the fans aren't running, the power LCD isn't on, and the PC doesn't see it. I'm also getting resistance in the wheel that goes away when power is removed, so the wheel thinks it's on, but it's not.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled the firmware multiple times, with no luck. It was working just fine before the firmware update, now it's bricked and worthless.

Anyone else having issues with the new firmware? Any ideas or help before I contact Fanatec?
Ok, I’m 2 years late and probably of no help. But for me, I’m dead serious. I punched the computer tower about 3 times out of frustration and then it worked. You can’t make this stuff up.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back