Fanatec combo and VR question

Hi all,

My name is Mauricio, I'm from Uruguay (far away) and I'm travelling to US in august, it happens that my wife let me buy some sim gear while in travel, and I'm like "all innnn".

So, I currently have a G27 with the GTEYE mod and an aftermarket wheel, the G27 does work OK, but I would like to get something better.

I was thinking in the Fanatec line up, probably a CSW v2.5, the BMW GT2 wheel and the CS v3 pedals, the thing is, I don't have a sim rig, and I'm going to do one myself with the help of a friend, and as I have really limited space I was thinking in VR (Oculus Rift) because the triple setup will consume too much space in the room and, well, let's say my wife won't be happy... BUT, I currently have a 970 card and I know I won't be able to buy the wheel and pedals, the vr headset and a new GPU, so... Do you think that the 970 could work good enough with VR?? If I have to put some things down I don't care, actually, only being able to put the car details to the maximum just to be able to see the nice car interiors would be enough for me...

Ok, thanks for any help!

That's right, the fine FFB detail was just missing. It was significant enough to me that I rarely used the BMW rim.
I'm kind of understanding now, I have a new wheel in my G27 including a quick release, while the QR was heavy it was small in radius, so it wasn't much of a problem, it seems that the center of the bmw wheel is quite heavy and that makes it lack those details.
You are very helpful! Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0
You upgraded from the CSR?? Was that better than a G27? I'm upgrading from that one...
I think it was considered a slightly better wheel. It was also belt driven, so it was smoother than the gear systems on other models like the G27.

I'm kind of understanding now, I have a new wheel in my G27 including a quick release, while the QR was heavy it was small in radius, so it wasn't much of a problem, it seems that the center of the bmw wheel is quite heavy and that makes it lack those details.
The whole wheel is heavy, it feels like the actual wheel rim is made out of a solid lump of metal. It's probably not but it feels that solid.

I can still feel small FFB effects through the wheel, I have those kind of effects turned down too, so it wouldn't be a case that you can't feel those effects, especially coming from a G27, just that they're not transferred as well as in the porsche/hub wheel.

But I suppose the best time to justify those kind of costs is when you're spending a lot and it becomes a tiny fraction of what you're paying overall but, I don't think you'd be disappointed by the BMW wheel if you wanted to save €100. The step up in FFB quality is pretty huge, small differences like FFB transfer wouldn't be apparent to you or me because our experience with different wheels and hubs is limited.

Upvote 0
I think it was considered a slightly better wheel. It was also belt driven, so it was smoother than the gear systems on other models like the G27.

The whole wheel is heavy, it feels like the actual wheel rim is made out of a solid lump of metal. It's probably not but it feels that solid.

I can still feel small FFB effects through the wheel, I have those kind of effects turned down too, so it wouldn't be a case that you can't feel those effects, especially coming from a G27, just that they're not transferred as well as in the porsche/hub wheel.

But I suppose the best time to justify those kind of costs is when you're spending a lot and it becomes a tiny fraction of what you're paying overall but, I don't think you'd be disappointed by the BMW wheel if you wanted to save €100. The step up in FFB quality is pretty huge, small differences like FFB transfer wouldn't be apparent to you or me because our experience with different wheels and hubs is limited.
You are actually quite right, and that was probably what i was thinking, my concern is, does it totally kill thise effects in the base?? More or less like that is what makes me think about other wheel/hub. I actually kinda love the bmw wheel, but it seems is not the general consensus.

Upvote 0
I have another question, and this may sound kinda crazy question...

When you buy thruogh fanatec, does the package includes an invoice??

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Well,

Just to let you guys know, I got the CSW 2.5 that just got back in stock, and the CSP v3 along with a formula rim just for the moment being.

Later this year I plan on getting the BMW rim or something along the line, maybe something new is coming! And the shifter too...

Thanks for all the help! This will be a great update coming from the G27!

Upvote 0
when you will be choosing another Rim, consider Porsche 918, it is little pricey more then BMW, but much lighter, it is even lighter then Xbox hub with some Rims. I have Xbox rim with Drift wheel 1880grams and Porsche rim 1720 grams. BMW is around 2200 grams. You can feel the difference. Both of them BMW and Porsche looks great

Upvote 0
when you will be choosing another Rim, consider Porsche 918, it is little pricey more then BMW, but much lighter, it is even lighter then Xbox hub with some Rims. I have Xbox rim with Drift wheel 1880grams and Porsche rim 1720 grams. BMW is around 2200 grams. You can feel the difference. Both of them BMW and Porsche looks great
Thanks!

I'm really happy with the base, I'm still using relatively low force, so I have some room depending on which rim I would use, but still, I have to decide between the bmw, porsche or hub, I really like the bmw rim, but i know the porsche is a lot ligther and faster.
Thanks for your input!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back