AC F1 Sundays FC2009 Williams v1.02 @ Spa -Sunday 12th July

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Coz it spoils the hard work the guys out in front have done.
I agree with you to some extent, but again, these club races aren't really that serious. It's just casual fun. If I got to choose between leading the race by 20secs or racing for position in a close battle with 2-3 other guys due to a safety car, I'd always chose the latter option :thumbsup:

I agree with you to some extent, but again, these club races aren't really that serious. It's just casual fun. If I got to choose between leading the race by 20secs or racing for position in a close battle with 2-3 other guys due to a safety car, I'd always chose the latter option :thumbsup:

Personally I'd rather be 10th on merit than 1st by some fluke. Close battles are nice, but if I can't keep up with the leaders it isn't their fault. Kinda like the Mercs in F1 this year.

Personally I'd rather be 10th on merit than 1st by some fluke. Close battles are nice, but if I can't keep up with the leaders it isn't their fault. Kinda like the Mercs in F1 this year.
Fair enough. It didn't affect the results too badly though. Fastest guy won in the end :alien:

I really don't want to start a debate here! This is a club race, and a nice way to get the field together with tricky cars in a long race! as I stated earlier it added to the emersion of the event and Club racing is about fun! The safety added to the fun for all drivers without exception!

In lap one there was a huge incident...safety came out...everybody repaired by the end of lap 2...race on!

if there where close battles with the field after 20 laps then safety car would have stayed parked, no issue...

There were no battles with 7 laps to go, so safety car came out, and made for a fun race! everyones a winner!

If there are no incidents and there is a clean happy race...then safety car is redundant..All Good!!!

I really don't want to start a debate here! This is a club race, and a nice way to get the field together with tricky cars in a long race! as I stated earlier it added to the emersion of the event and Club racing is about fun! The safety added to the fun for all drivers without exception!

In lap one there was a huge incident...safety came out...everybody repaired by the end of lap 2...race on!

if there where close battles with the field after 20 laps then safety car would have stayed parked, no issue...

There were no battles with 7 laps to go, so safety car came out, and made for a fun race! everyones a winner!

If there are no incidents and there is a clean happy race...then safety car is redundant..All Good!!!

As a fairly regular here, I thought raising an opinion won't be an issue, which is all I did. ;)

Reactions: Si
As a fairly regular here, I thought raising an opinion won't be an issue, which is all I did. ;)
Dewald, of course its not an issue! its a discussion! You are one of the MOST valued members of the F1 sundays club! im just trying to get my point across, as are you!

Heck it was an experiment....if it effects your attendance then I will abandon it......Just it was nice to have happy racers with happy friendly battles across the race!

Dewald, of course its not an issue! its a discussion! You are one of the MOST valued members of the F1 sundays club! im just trying to get my point across, as are you!

Heck it was an experiment....if it effects your attendance then I will abandon it......Just it was nice to have happy racers with happy friendly battles across the race!

It isn't the reason I had to miss the race. No drama here, don't worry. ;)

@Si I really enjoyed the race and the safety car adds a great element to the whole thing. I can understand that people want to win at all costs even if it is a club race and that they will not like or understand your reasons for the safety car, but from me you get my thanks for adding a new bit of excitement to races where the fast guys always pull away and don't really care what happens at the back. Keep it up mate and I hope you carry on with the safety car and I promise not to wipe it out again. :) I look forward to another F1 race soon.

A bit late to this but...

Haven't raced F1 cars since the good ol' days of EAs F12002, so this was going to take some getting used to. Used all available aids, it became aparent soon that TC was as needed as ABS, as it is with almost all cars. Used an old set up from previous versions which I had to modify the gears and aero for it to be working.

Right, so came in late, no qually and no practice whatsoever as I didnt know if I had time or wanted to participate with these cars. The start was a bit dicey, but its always easy from the rear as you can judge things much easier. It was aparent very soon that many were using much higher wing settings than I, was toping out at 320+kph and in some cases had to lift fully to avoid going 3 abreast after the long straight. Before the pit stop I was in the 1:50s but as I got close to the window I was smelling some 47s but couldnt get them, it was fun picking up speed and seeing just how easily you gain time or lose it with these cars.

Had a incident free race, save for a tap with Tobbias or Tommi (apologies I forget who) I believe, this was after the second safety car. Then had to try an manage the gap with Geoff but he was way too fast, well done.

The whole layout of the race was fantastic and a lot of fun, the safety car brings a lot of action sometimes good (as it was for me) sometimes bad, however it's always exciting and in many ways it improves racecraft which is always welcome.

Great race and thanks Si.

Wow, just had a look at the replay, shocked with some of my driving, did not realize, many apologies to @Asterix and anyone else, for some reason he was like a bullseye for my bulldozer that race, ugh. Thought I was doing fairly well incident wise lately, scratch that!
unsTy1N.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back