rF2 F1 @ Spain - Sunday 10th May 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Kyle Evers

I'll try to make this one. Not 100% sure, but just as long as my dad isn't being difficult later, I should be able to make it. I really want to though - I think I may not be able to make Monaco. Which is a real shame.

• Kyle Evers

Is there any chance I could be switched to a different team so I have a teammate? Preferably Ferrari :D

• Kyle Evers

I'd be nice if I could actually find the server :pissed-off:

• Kyle Evers

Indeed. They are very difficult to get used to, and each track needs at least 3 good hours of practice to get right.

Well my race is finished. For some reason my car's engine temperature was rising WHILE my engine was IDLING in NEUTRAL. Then I hit first gear and that was it. The car was done. Very strange. Must have been too much damage to the engine - had a collision with Helge around lap 8 or so.

'Faulting application rFactor.exe, version 1.2.5.5, time stamp 0x4705a035, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a783, exception code 0x80000003, fault offset 0x00010004, process id 0x15d8, application start time 0x01c9d1936997387f.'

Who says Vista doesn't crash :curse:, not sure what happened but all of a sudden I was out due to game crash. Hope it was a good race as there were some mighty quick times being posted.

Very nice racing night. Although I even broke my PB this morning in practice (1.17.3x in the Renault), i was far from that in tonights practice.
Did 1.17.8x once and the rest was above 1.18.x and a lot above 1.19.x.

Was 2nd on the grid and got a good start of the line, taking P1 before T1.
Ferry was polesitter and was trying lap after lap to get near and pass. I already knew where he was going to try in passing. And so it happen a few laps later exactly at the time I was in 1st gear where I should be in 2nd :)
Car slided away and Ferry was away.
With some impressive 1 sec a lap growing gap, I had no chance except if he was very light. But apparently he was not :)

Even after his pitstop and I was P1 again, the gap was shrinking every lap.
After my pitstop I had about 13 sec gap in P2 again which was growing to over 18 second when we fininshed the race.

Impressive stuff Ferry :) Some great driving here.
(I also learned he drivers for 10 years online F1s; so I am a bit proud to myself also with only 18s gap :) )

Thanks for driving everyone, see you at the next venue in the next mod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.0%