F1: Resolution sought on track limit abuse

They're the best because they break the rules?

I can understand that they may exceed track limits because of how hard they may be pushing, but they're also breaking the rules. Plain and simple. It's literally a black and white situation. There is no grey area. This is why I love Monaco so much, because if a driver tries to run wide to gain an advantage, he's in the wall.

If they're the best then they should be able to follow the rules. However, I don't blame them either because of how relaxed the FIA stewards are on the subject. Why should they care about track limits when they almost never get penalised for it?

I think he means they push it as far as they can get away with. Same as footballers pushing the offside line and sometimes going over it, for example. If you don't take every inch given to you as a racing driver, you're gonna get left behind, because you can sure as hell bet every other driver is doing it.

It's not their fault if the rules don't get applied as it's written. You'll see how quickly they turn into a good boy once the FIA start dishing out drive-throughs for every single cut.

Obviously this is impractical, as they won't have time to check any other incidents if they have to do this, but you get what I'm saying.

Come to think of it, on f1 tracks there's usually only 2 or 3 corners where the driver can gain advantage by cheating. Silverstone is a prime example of that.
Nothing proposed here is new at all - drivers have been warned/penalised for cutting corners for a long time - it's just that some are getting away with it while others don't. That isn't what sport is all about.
Be consistent - stop the cheating!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back