rF2 F1 MMG @ Monza Sunday 14 september 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as my setup is somewhat comfortable I will post it. Its currently a bit tricky at 3 parts of the track. This was my 'lucky' lap.

I tried your Spa setup with no changes(10 laps fuel) at Monza and was about 1-1.5 seconds faster than with mine. Much better top end! And, it also turns in better than mine. I always seem to have a problem with that part. For such a fast setup I found it remarkably "civilized".:) Not quirky at all and curb tolerant.

Think the biggest problem at the moment is that the driver is having problems with the first chicane and T5 (Curva di Lesmos?). Well, maybe T4 also...:)

Thanks!

I tried your Spa setup with no changes(10 laps fuel) at Monza and was about 1-1.5 seconds faster than with mine. Much better top end! And, it also turns in better than mine. I always seem to have a problem with that part. For such a fast setup I found it remarkably "civilized".:) Not quirky at all and curb tolerant.

Think the biggest problem at the moment is that the driver is having problems with the first chicane and T5 (Curva di Lesmos?). Well, maybe T4 also...:)

Thanks!

Easy to fix for T1; I brake just after the fences on the right side of the track stops (I don't use the 300-200-100 meter signs, because if someone drives them off track I will be screwed :) )
In T1 shift back quickly to 3rd gear.. last part a bit slower to 2nd and finally 1st gear. Throttle only after the last part of the chicane and for safemode shortshift to 2nd and 3rd to prevent spinning.

T4 and T5 are those mid-fast right handers? The first one I brake a bit later then with touring cars to have a straighter exit line. The next one is still unsure... In my vid I have some wheelspin and I had to throw in a bit of opposite lock to prevent spinning around.

• Roman Liebich

Super Aguri - Anthony Davidson for me please..

Easy to fix for T1; I brake just after the fences on the right side of the track stops (I don't use the 300-200-100 meter signs, because if someone drives them off track I will be screwed :) )
In T1 shift back quickly to 3rd gear.. last part a bit slower to 2nd and finally 1st gear. Throttle only after the last part of the chicane and for safemode shortshift to 2nd and 3rd to prevent spinning.

T4 and T5 are those mid-fast right handers? The first one I brake a bit later then with touring cars to have a straighter exit line. The next one is still unsure... In my vid I have some wheelspin and I had to throw in a bit of opposite lock to prevent spinning around.

Thanks for the tips. I had exactly that happen to me in T1 when someone wiped out the markers and I had no idea where to brake.:)

Practiced a few laps tonight on Brianza Italian Layout, I guess thats the correct layout.

1.24.266 so far but made some mistakes and my setup is just my Spa setup with lower wings. 1.23.x is very well possible, but I think its still of the pace.

Lap here; [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3FKCaBr6fs[/media]

(I have to find a way to enable sounds)

Do you use fraps to capture the basic video source? I haven't gotten into recording and making videos yet.

I forgot that it's 2007,so it will be scott speed:becky:

progress.gif

• Andrew Evans

guys, i gotta jack this event - i love the rfactornessness... but rl is keeping me afk till at least a week today.... apologies - catch ya at the next one :)

Do you also have problems to be consistent? The track seems to be less forgiving then Spa.

Definately. I still haven't gotten the first chicane down consistently which bounces my times around a bit. And, sometimes I don't get the entry into that last chicane correct which throws off my exit speed. Seems like it works better if I delay my turn-in just a fraction.

Everything is happening so fast in these cars and I just can't find the rhythm of Monza like at Spa or the Hungaroring. Need more laps...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%