rF2 F1 MMG @ Monza Sunday 14 september 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
any chance I can join please? I dont care about the car it would just be nice to join in if it is ok with everyone....

You've got Davidsons Super Aguri

From what I can find out GMT is back to normal , i.e.
GMT = CET+1
which means practice starts in 5 minutes, - correct?

GMT is static, what changes is your timezone. If your clocks havn't gone back or forwards then it's as normal.
DST ends end of October I believe.

Hmmm.. Would like to say that one went well - but... :(

Race lasted less than 3 laps for me. Kind of reminded me of the last time we raced MMG F1 at Monza. That time I managed to finish 3rd in the restarted race, by avoiding the carnage.

This time - can't say the same.

The car in front didn't move on the start - so I had to jump on the brakes. Still hit him a little and had a little front suspension damage. Came into the 2nd chicane and had to avoid a recovering McLaren [Ramon I think]. Going into Ascari the rear of the car goes light and starts to come around on me. Puts me on the grass on the inside but I stay in control. Judging by the fact yellow flags come out I am going to assume someone got into the back of me when I hit the brakes [going to assume it was a faster driver who was out of position].

Next lap, same corner, come across a recovering Toyota. The car in front of me and I both go past and head into Parabolica. I slip the car in front down the straight and see the Toyota slipping me in my mirrors. Providence tells me this is not going to end well, as the Toyota is definitely a faster driver out of position.

I go into the braking zone of T1, still slipping the car in front. I lift then brake after the first marker board and start slowing at the same rate as the car in front. I am feeling good as I know I am not going to hit the car in front and then I look in my mirrors and WHAM!!! I am travelling backwards down the escape road sans rear wing. The Toyota didn't quite get on the brakes and was still slipping me into the braking zone.

End of race!

Don't think I will chance MMG F1 at Monza again. :)

Not a lucky night for me. Decided not to set a fast lap so I could start from the back and try avoid the carnage that usually takes place. Of course it seemed pretty clean this time LOL! :pound: Still I had no problems driving up to the back of the pack and I managed to overtake a few drivers that got into trouble. All part of my cunning plan of keeping it on the road and out of trouble... only part that went wrong was the "keeping it on the road" part as I slipped in one of the corners and damaged the front wing and suspension. Then I couldn't hold it going into the Parabolica and crashed it into the wall stalling my engine... so still race over in lap 1 for me.

Stayed around to watch the race though and there were quite a few excellent fights going on! Very nice racing all! Congrats to Mark for winning it after Pat's unlucky spin 2 laps before end!

Sry to hear Mark,I still hope you join us next race :)

I had a almost perfect race .............almost yes :becky:
Qually was not the best but 5th was nice to start with.
The start was ok for me and after the first corner i could move between some guys in trouble to 1st :rolleyes: It kinda stayed that way till my pitstop and was 3rd after that. After some laps and pitstops for all i had my
1st place back again. I had a solid 12 to 14 sec lead and all looking good !!!
Well last 5 laps i saw Mark Jarvis move up pretty fast towards me and i had to push. My tyres where almost at the end and in lap 28 i spun :(
I had i think 3 sec on Mark and thought that would be enough for the last 2 laps.( never think when you drive :cool:) Mark past me and got rewarded for his great driving. Ok,Im happy wth 2nd :D
Thx guys and cya all next race :thumb:

I really enjoyed tonights race, I drove the last race we had at Monza with a Momo and tonight I drove with my new G25 and after getting real feel setup right it made the world of difference to me, I stayed out of trouble tonight and finished 8th, kept out of the way of the leaders ( I hope:)) and had to make two pit stops, I intended to do a 10 lap stint on softs and then a 20 lap stint on hards but after starting the race on softs it wouldnt let me select hard tyres for my stop so I changed to a 2 stopper, cant wait for the next F1 race as long as it dosent clash with my GP2 league, thanks guys for setting it up tonight.:thumb:

Managed to quali for p3, :cool: , with a good lap.
My start was good, but into T1 I looked the wheels, as the brakes where cold :doh:, and went into the green and nearly a crash with Ramon who spun in T1. Then close fighting, was around p4. In the 2. chicane then I went to much over the curbs and spun :doh:. Lost 2 positions. Nice fight then with Rob and Ramon. Rob passed me in parabolica, and also Ramon accelerated better out of T1 and passed me. I tryed to defend, but you to fast, lol. Then Rob with a little mistake and Ramon and I went pass, then also Ramon with a mistake and I was infront again, lol. Then the same thing, I defend as much as possible, but Ramon passes me again :thumb:. Great driving there, much fun :cool:. In the 2. chicane then the same mistake as before, went to much over the curbs and spun :doh: again. Then my pitstop, no problem there and then I was on p6 10sec behind Steve. Tryed to catch him, and finally in last lap I was able to overtake, :D. p5 finally . Thanks Patrick for you exellent race setup :thumb:

Had great fun today :thumb:

Was our first time without any start collision, wasn't it ? Amazing :)

Evening startet not so well as I thought it should have.. missed my PB of 1.24.1xx by far, never ever came closer than 1 sec. So I startet race from 10th position and thats exactly where it ended.
Had to get me three new front wings but luckily got it home in one piece. Had just little nice racing until I spun being around p7 - that just upset me a bit.

Sorry Roy for causing you spin you in t1.

But nice event - looking forward for the next one.

Congrats to the podium guys!:thumb:

Had a slow start off the grid, but managed to stay out of trouble and played it safe the first few laps. The best part of the race was after my pit stop and had Daniel chasing me down. Think he started about 10-11 seconds down and gradually whittled down my advantage. He was slowly reeling me in, but thought I had it stabilized it at around 8 seconds. For some reason it felt like my tires were going off in the last 5-6 laps. Not entirely sure they got changed at my pit stop, but if they didn't I ran 30 laps on softs.:) Daniel continued his pursuit, but I had 2 seconds on him starting the last lap. Pretty sure I could have held him off, but there were a couple of cars in T1 that I slowed for and Daniel pulled to within .2 or so. He made a nice pass in the final chicane and I finished in P6 behind Daniel. It was a good catch.

It was fun guys and I'll see you the next time.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years