F1 Half Term Report: Rate the Grid - Sebastian Vettel

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Rate the Grid - Sebastian Vettel 4.jpg

Sebastian Vettel looks like a man hell bent on adding to his four Formula One World Championships this season, how do you rate his performances so far in the #5 Ferrari?

Having gone for over three seasons without a serious crack at the Formula One Drivers World Championship, Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari seem better placed than ever before to bring a the biggest trophy in motorsport back to the famous Italian outfit.

2017 has not been without it's dark moments for Vettel (think safety car content with Hamilton in Baku), however has the German done enough in the first 10 rounds of the season to impress our RaceDepartment community?

With four wins already, Vettel is doing his absolute uppermost to prove himself one of the finest drivers of the modern Grand Prix era.

Vote now to tell us how you rate the first half of 2017 for Sebastian Vettel, and leave a comment below!

For more from the world of Formula One, check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with our awesome community..

Rate the Grid - Sebastian Vettel 3.jpg
Rate the Grid - Sebastian Vettel 2.jpg
Rate the Grid - Sebastian Vettel 1.jpg

I really think that we are going to have a very intense battle for the WDC between Lewis and Seb till the end of the season but I really think that Vettel will win (hope so because I am a SF fan) , however the Baku incident and Silverstone tyre issue maybe will cost him the title , no matter what happens hope we have more exciting races between these 2 future legends

Easily said 10/10.
Seb is without any single doubt boss.
All the other guys can go home. Look how good Ferrari was with Alo, look how good Ricciardo and Verstappen are - all these guys same as Ham or Rai can for sure drive but the only driver who can lead a team and give mec input is Seb.
Exactly why Seb an Schumi are special!

And now bashing on me :D

Hundred percent commitment, very consistant, a warrior.
leave him the lead of a race , and you'll never see him again until the end.
but most of all, he drives the red car.
So it's a ten.

Forza Ferrari , Avanti Sebastian

I thought about discounting a point for the going crazy at Baku but ultimately decided against it.

Vettel has been perfectly on point this season, super sharp taking advantage of every chance he gets, so i couldn't discount.

"Moan moan moan whine whine booohoo moan wahh waahhh waaaahh moan moan blub blub whine wàaaaaaa moan whine glug glug moan moan boooooooboooooooooboooooo waaaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

-typical vettel radio message.

Easily said 10/10.
Seb is without any single doubt boss.
All the other guys can go home. Look how good Ferrari was with Alo, look how good Ricciardo and Verstappen are - all these guys same as Ham or Rai can for sure drive but the only driver who can lead a team and give mec input is Seb.
Exactly why Seb an Schumi are special!

And now bashing on me :D
Alonso can lead a team and give mechanic inputs at very high level.

"Moan moan moan whine whine booohoo moan wahh waahhh waaaahh moan moan blub blub whine wàaaaaaa moan whine glug glug moan moan boooooooboooooooooboooooo waaaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

-typical vettel radio message.

oh, you are the guy who rated him 6 i guess ...
you seems good at evaluate people.

nice arguments you have btw.
thank you for your comment "le principal est de participer " (en francais dans le texte) used to say the Baron de Coubertin .

Moan moan moan whine whine booohoo moan wahh waahhh waaaahh moan moan blub blub whine wàaaaaaa moan whine glug glug moan moan boooooooboooooooooboooooo waaaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa oh, you are the guy who rated him 6 i guess ...

No i gave him a 1.

I would give him 11 this season. Leading the WC with clearly the worse car, i don't know when i last saw this. Lucky us that he isn't driving a Merc, otherwise the WC would be as boring as it could get.

Would give him a 10 but we all know he has the whole team backing him and Kimi will alway have to move over for him....So to be unbiased 9. Sure the the superfans will score 11

Would give him a 10 but we all know he has the whole team backing him and Kimi will alway have to move over for him....So to be unbiased 9. Sure the the superfans will score 11
And that ("we all know he has the whole team backing him") of course makes him a bad driver/person.
While "Kimi will alway have to move over for him" is the TEAM order (hence the name) not the Vettel order (while a certain Lewis Hamilton in Baku requested his teammate to be used as a roadblock to slow down the competition. Yes I know he let him pass in Hungary because if he had not he knew he was headed for a major shitstorm.). When in Monaco Vettel was asked jokingly whether he would want the team to tell Kimi to let him pass in the 1st corner, he said "no, I would not want that."

No i gave him a 1.
Very realistic judgement of a 4 times world champion who is fighting for the title a 5th time in an arguably inferior car. You're the expert. Keep hating.

@everyone who thinks the "Baku incident" is making Vettel a bad driver/person: I hope you never have said or done anything you regret later, cuz people hopefully will judge you by that for the rest of your life. It still remains to be proven that the 2nd contact (as the 1st one obviously was not) had been on purpose.

He and Ferrari are showing great form again this year and he is giving Lewis a run for his money for the title (which is great for all the F1 spectators), and I think the Mercedes is still the best car on the grid. However... all this whining about how others (read Max :D) are defending/driving and then hitting Lewis on purpose in Baku and even worse, denying it afterwards, reduced my score from a 9 to a 7.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000