F1 Half Term Report: Rate the Grid - Sebastian Vettel

From a reserve driver at BMW Sauber to a seat at Torro Rosso then onto four world championships back to back at Red bull, Vettel gotta have learned something along the way. Yeah he had his ups and downs like all of us but he is good whether you like it or not. Anyways, 2017 is one hell of a season and we are all enjoying it one way or another because it is not about one team.

9. Doing very well; would've given if it weren't for Baku. But he also has it way easier than Lewis and dare I say Bottas, who are equal within Mercedes. But Vettel has first priority at Ferrari.

Easily said 10/10.
Seb is without any single doubt boss.
All the other guys can go home. Look how good Ferrari was with Alo, look how good Ricciardo and Verstappen are - all these guys same as Ham or Rai can for sure drive but the only driver who can lead a team and give mec input is Seb.
Exactly why Seb an Schumi are special!

And now bashing on me :D
i agree but in my opinion lewis is something very special aswell with the difference that lewis needs a good car and a good team around him to be successfull so as a whole package seb is the better

As much as i don't like the way he is in the car, i love the way he is out of the car, he seems funny, and seems like an all round nice guy. I would have given him a ten, but, the Baku incident ruined it, so he gets a 9 from me.

He is like the opposite of Hamilton, as a said, some of the decisions made by Vettel in the car are quite bad but he seems like a funny and nice guy out of the car, whereas, i find Hamilton to make some silly decisions out of the car, but in the car, he is great. I personally prefer Hamilton, being British (Vote Yes though...) but if Vettel was also British i wouldn't care who i supported.

@everyone who thinks the "Baku incident" is making Vettel a bad driver/person: I hope you never have said or done anything you regret later, cuz people hopefully will judge you by that for the rest of your life. It still remains to be proven that the 2nd contact (as the 1st one obviously was not) had been on purpose.

I actually hope that 2nd contact has been on purpose because I would be more afraid of a driver who can lose his temper so much he doesn't care about handling a car than of a driver who hits another car with his own car (in low speed) to "alert" his opponent. Although I do not agree with what he has done (if it has been on purpose) I am glad that we have drivers with emotions and not only all-time correct PR robots.

@everyone who thinks the "Baku incident" is making Vettel a bad driver/person: I hope you never have said or done anything you regret later, cuz people hopefully will judge you by that for the rest of your life. It still remains to be proven that the 2nd contact (as the 1st one obviously was not) had been on purpose.
I don't think Vettel is a bad driver or person because of this. I like it when a driver shows some passion, and things can happen in the 'heat of the moment'. We are all human. What I did not like is his response after the race about the incident. You mention 'regret' in your comments, but I have not seen any statements from Vettel showing regrets.

perfect season so far a big mistake in baku but he can throw that away if he wins the wdc as for wcc i dont think ferrari can take it because mercedes has a better duo than ferrari raikkonen is not as good as before

but vet is doing great and 10/10 in my opinion

Wow! given that the cars are pretty much equal, with the Merc better at some tracks and the Ferrari better at others, it's hard to believe the responses here for Vettel vs Hamilton.
Most of the Vettel comments are positive, while most of Hamilton's are negative.
It's surprising...given that they both have four wins each in essentially equal machinery, for guys to be spouting nonsense about Lewis being less of a driver.
I give Vettel the same 8 I give Lewis...oh! and had it not been for that loose retainer he'd be well and truly ahead in this championship.

Wow! given that the cars are pretty much equal, with the Merc better at some tracks and the Ferrari better at others, it's hard to believe the responses here for Vettel vs Hamilton.
Most of the Vettel comments are positive, while most of Hamilton's are negative.
It's surprising...given that they both have four wins each in essentially equal machinery, for guys to be spouting nonsense about Lewis being less of a driver.
I give Vettel the same 8 I give Lewis...oh! and had it not been for that loose retainer he'd be well and truly ahead in this championship.
I consider Mercedes a better car, not on every track mind you, but in more than 50% of them, that is why i think Vettel is "punching above his weight".

Rated 1 because I don't like the letter V. Actually it's not so much the letter V, it's just that the Germans pronounce it weird. (If you want an 'f' sound, write a freaking 'F'.) Big deduction there. Also I don't like fins on F1 cars and the Ferrari has a fin. Two demerits for that. Plus what's up with that helmet design? The stripe is off-center, but im worried that it's not off-center enough, you know? Sends the wrong message to the kids if you ask me.

Can I rate less than 1?

(Actually rated 10, because I am gifted with both eyesight and a working mind.)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%