1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 future.

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Jake Fangio, Aug 4, 2015.

Fastest car or more wheel to wheel action.

Poll closed Sep 22, 2015.
  1. Quickest F1 car ever

8 vote(s)
  2. Wheel to wheel racing

12 vote(s)
  1. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

What do you enjoy the most.Watching an F1 car going around the track faster than any car in history. Or would you prefer to see more competitive races.
  2. Mohameddo-san

F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

After 2016, the formula will be about having a super-fast car, like the F2004.

That's my opinion.
  3. I prefer to see a mixture of fast, competitive racing. ;)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Brutal fast. I watch touring cars for wheel to wheel banging. However if brutal fast F1 happens to go wheel to wheel, that is the best.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. There are many ways to measure automotive excellence, but top speed is the one everybody secretly cares about the most.

Cupcake Recipes Book
  6. HAHA, imagine F1 cars banging each other at 300 Km/h that would be awesome!
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. Turk

Premium Member

If they could do both that would be great. I'd sacrifice speed for close racing though. If speed was a deciding factor I could just watch drag racing. Part of me thinks that they should open up the rules and redesign the F1 car to take advantage of some of the new technologies around. But I know that could end up with brand teams running away and little or no racing on track.

I've wondered if longer tracks and as a consequence longer races would solve some issues. A 2 or 3 hour race would open up more opportunities for strategy. The idea of making races TV friendly is redundant at this point because Bernie wants it to be a pay per view sport.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Now THAT I would pay money to watch!