F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Max Verstappen

The hell are you on about? The engine upgrade was a 0.05 difference, so stop spouting nonsense. Verstappen is clearly better than Ricciardo, outqualifying him 13-7, outracing him 5-2 and was ahead every single time he retired bar Austria.

You clearly know nothing about F1 so keep fooling yourself.

IMO, although Dan is a good braker, I mean, the best, I put him more in the category of Rosberg. Dan is a one lap wonder, who is beaten by his team mate on that thing. Although he is a good driver, he is more the one who wins because of misfortune of others, like Rosberg. To back this up, his only win was in a chaotic Baku. Max however, won two times. He is in the books as the last winner of Malaysia, where he has beaten the Merc of Hamilton, on a track where RBR thought they wouldn't have a chance of winning! Mexico, he took every last life out of the engine and drove to an unimaginable Merc like victory, in a Red Bull!! Where was Dan when he could have won. He brings the cars home, yes, but driving carefully doesn't always make you champion. The ones with speed, those are the ones who win a champion, and sadly, Dan doesn't have the incredible speed on the long run. Preserving a car is key when it matters the most. Dan would clearly become a WDC when the championship is in that position, but Max will win when it matters on the speed. I would never want to see Max driving in a car which dominates a season. To see him driving in Merc will destroy Max's magic. Everyone will then say: 'He drove a Merc, no wonder he became WDC.' Let's say, we don't know yet, Max becomes the next WDC in a Red Bull. Everyone will say it's because of his skill, not because of the car. I have to say, I hope he becomes the next WDC, but nothing is sure. It all depends on the first race. IF, Max wins the first race, or is very close on second, then Hamilton with Merc and Ferrari with Seb will have a problem. It was the same in 2010, which we all know what happened ;)

Max is not great remember all his mistakes say for example Monaco...the kid his just a kid he shouldn't have been given such engine upgrade when Ricciardo was on his way to a great place in championship.

You must be watching horse races or something...Verstappen only got podiums with the engine advantage and even so wasn't that impressive.

Uh-huh.

Max is not great remember all his mistakes say for example Monaco.

Which mistakes exactly? The only "mistake" that was made in Monaco was that the team miscalculated the pitstops.

You clearly know nothing about F1 so keep fooling yourself.

Neither do you. You're just a dumb hater.

Very fast but needs polishing, so I rate him an 8+.
For a 'Millennial' he is quite mature, and I'll take him as a personality over 'Louise' Hamilton any day.
Way better than his debut year but that's to be expected.
He will learn to play the long game perhaps this year.
And he certainly didn't inherit anything from Jos who was a just a grid filler and a real plonker!
:roflmao:

Great driver, great season, gave him a 9, cause of ricciardo hungary crash, perhaps the massa crash, but it could've also gone right, it's more the fact that he has an all or nothing approach, which I like, but it can sometimes backfire, example in canada he could've easily got a puncture and he didn't.

But other times ofc it pays off and makes him probably the most exciting driver, I see him as the next schumacher, his first seasons were fairly similar.

No point in wasting time with a troll like you

Bloody grow up. I doubt Max needs 'fans' like you. Either learn to deal with differing opinions to yours or get the hell out. Sick to death of this internet bollox of "my thing is better than your thing!!"
Childish....go away..

I think he needs haters even less.

If a 'hater' to you is someone simply saying THEY think Dan is as good if not better than Max then clearly it's YOU with the problem....you can't rationally deal with opposing views to your own...that's an issue on the internet and in life...
If the only solution for you is everyone agreeing with you, its simply not realistic....now go away...

There is a not so subtle difference between disagreeing with someone and unconstructive hating. What was posted was bullshit, not criticism.

The squabbling between you both is worse than my 7 and 4 year olds.... for the record Max had engine upgrades when Dan didn't.... the upgrades moved the Red Bull closer to the Merc... that is fact, the way the other poster delivered that fact to you, i agree, was clumsy and childish...but a fact is a fact..

The squabbling between you both is worse than my 7 and 4 year olds.... for the record Max had engine upgrades when Dan didn't.... the upgrades moved the Red Bull closer to the Merc... that is fact, the way the other poster delivered that fact to you, i agree, was clumsy and childish...but a fact is a fact..

Dude, you need to chill out and be less patronising... especially when posting wrong info as a fact. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132631/red-bull-did-not-hide-upgrade-from-ricciardo Read here,

Horner said: "The spec is so marginal. We cannot measure the difference.

"It is within a fuel flow meter, so it is the same."

And Max hasn't crashed once. He hit Ricciardo in Hungary and that is it, all the other things are racing incidents and car failures that happen to all drivers, including great champions.

I am not fond of people spouting false bullshit just to hate on someone.

Dude, you need to chill out and be less patronising... especially when posting wrong info as a fact. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132631/red-bull-did-not-hide-upgrade-from-ricciardo Read here,

Horner said: "The spec is so marginal. We cannot measure the difference.

"It is within a fuel flow meter, so it is the same."

The FACT is though...he DID have an engine upgrade..however marginal......IT WAS by definition...an upgrade..... Horner is saying they did not HIDE the upgrade from Dan... UPGRADE.
Not down grade...or side grade....an upgrade...

Now whether you want to believe it made no difference, or someone whats to believe it made a difference, however marginal (F1 is all about fine margins)...is up to you both...but it was by definition an UPGRADE....Horner is not saying there was no upgrade....

cheers...carry on..

Why do some folks insist on coming here talking about hating drivers they've never met in person?
It''s a bit stupid.
90% of the time when you 'dig' a bit deeper into their statement, it translates to..."I don't like him/her because they're paid well and are famous.
It usually has very little to do with the talent on track or outright character.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back