F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Fernando Alonso

If he would have had a Merc, Ferrari or Redbull he would have been one of the championship contenders. He did the absolute best he could in his car, and just the fact that he took points this year in that car makes him deserve a 10/10. Will differently be interesting to see what happens next year with the Renault engine

With this season he has become one of my favourite drivers in the field. Great effort in a ...not as great car let's just say. :(

Alonso - A good driver that thinks he is better than he actually is. He was struggling against Hamilton in Hamilton's rookie year on the same Maclaren car. Alonso actually finished 3rd in the championship that year behind Hamilton.
Now that he will have the same engine as Redbull we will see if he is actually better than Verstappen or Ricardo. My guess is that he is probably between the two, Verstappen being the better of them.

I don't think he ever struggled agaisnt Lewis, there is mutterings around Lewis being Ron's golden boy at that time, i mean he found F1's first 'black' driver and that is marketing gold.
Talk was that Lewis had the better car/support, we know this happens in teams with 1 and 2 drivers anyway, also like in Brazil Lewis had a better engine than Bottas for example and talk was that Webber at Red Bull was worse off than Seb and Schumy always had better stuff than teammates....
But anyway by your thought that means Bottas is equal or better than Alonso? And Nico is better than Alonso.....ermmm ok...
Lewis fanboys...

• Deleted member 205301

i would like to see all the drivers with the same car...so we could value his skills.
dream... F2, F3, and all feeder series are with same cars, but in that case, ther still are different teams... (look how far are ARTGP in gp3, or even Prema on F2 (and f3)...)
@++

He already confirmed that he won't miss the Monaco race next year, so a victory at Indianapolis is unlikely.

I think Alonso has achieved some good results considering the quality of his material, often finishing in 6th or 7th place which equals to being first among the "mortals". F1 truly needs him with a competitive car, but I don't see that happening on the short time he has left on the series.

Well, 1x 6th, 1x 8th, 2x 9th, 1x 10th, 2x 11th and 1x 12th... Not very often 6th or 7th. Honestly, what are we doing here ;-)

Fernando was brilliant, the car was rubbish although he managed to put in some really good lap times here and there, I really want to see McLaren Renault do well next year really hope they can

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back