F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Fernando Alonso

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Rate the Grid - Fernando Alonso .jpg

Double World Champion, Indy 500 debutant and all round star Fernando Alonso is the next driver to feature in our season ending 'Rate the Grid' series.

Sadly 2017 was yet another year to forget for McLaren Honda and Fernando Alonso with little to show for the hard work of both driver and team. Alonso would get some redemption however with an incredible American debut at the famous Indy 500 in May, running up front and in contention for the victory until the usual Honda engine issue put an end to the challenge.. again.

The Spanish driver is back again for a newly Renault powered McLaren team in 2018, this time with an eye on endurance racing and Le Mans, as the 36 year old looks to rekindle some of that famous fire that has been so cruelly dampened by his disastrous McLaren career to date.

Vote now to tell us how you rate the 2017 season for McLaren Honda driver Fernando Alonso, and leave a comment below!

For more from the world of Formula One, check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with our awesome community..

Rate the Grid - Fernando Alonso  2.jpg
Rate the Grid - Fernando Alonso  3.jpg
Rate the Grid - Fernando Alonso  4.jpg

Last edited:
Indy 500 Winner! When did that happen? :confused:

I think Alonso got the maximum out of the McLaren this year and I really enjoyed his pitradios.:roflmao: He has been unlucky over the past years, so probably Honda will build the best engine next year! :confused:
I scored him a 9, since I wat to save my 10 for some other driver...

Last edited:
Full marks for winning the Indy 500.

Always pays to watch these things to the end :D

Edit: I give Alonso full marks for effort. He's still got bags of talent and has done well to keep motivated through the new Honda era. I hope he gets a car that is a front runner before he retires from F1.

Last edited:

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
Once he quit the insistent complaining I thought he was able to put forth a better effort

Sorry that was for next year. #youhearditherefirst
He already confirmed that he won't miss the Monaco race next year, so a victory at Indianapolis is unlikely.

I think Alonso has achieved some good results considering the quality of his material, often finishing in 6th or 7th place which equals to being first among the "mortals". F1 truly needs him with a competitive car, but I don't see that happening on the short time he has left on the series.

Awesome driver. I should give 11... but i'll go for 9 because i'm free to do what i want. :D

There was one or another situation (i feel) he could extract a little more. He is the best i've ever saw including Ayrton (i give todays 'competitiveness' a lot of credit for that in comparison with late80's and early90's). I really like how he drives and controls the weight distribution of the car. And on top of that he is 'fierce-but-fair' on the duels. Maybe he is not the faster of all anymore... but it's the most competitive of them all imho.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000