F1 Australian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now!

Keep telling yourself that 'little' lie about Ferrari being far inferior to the Mercedes as a precursor for if Vettel wins the championship.
It was so 'inferior' that Lewis...even at Strat14, couldn't get close to Sebastian and had to back off.
Sure, he did that because of overheating rears and cooling concerns, but he couldn't challenge before those things started.
That Ferrari is on par with that Mercedes...has been since the middle of last season.
You need 1.6 seconds of margin to overtake in Melbourne..they don't have that much, but they are clearly few tenths faster. When Lewis made a mistake in clean air gained .7 a lap.
As it is fir the qualy, believing that Ham has 0.7 secs over Vettel as a driver is simply delusional, and Ricciardo ad others said basically the same.
If you still don't see it, data says that Ferrari lost .9 secs in the corners, due to low Aero load since they are still trying to get a balanced higher Aero load.

voted for Hamilton because he did everything perfect this weekend, getting pole, holding off both ferraris at the start of the race and having a good launch off the line.

seb and ferrari just exploited a rule in the book that allow you gain time in the pit area, if it wasnt for that hamilton would of won the race.

Last edited:
Keep telling yourself that 'little' lie about Ferrari being far inferior to the Mercedes as a precursor for if Vettel wins the championship.
It was so 'inferior' that Lewis...even at Strat14, couldn't get close to Sebastian and had to back off.
Sure, he did that because of overheating rears and cooling concerns, but he couldn't challenge before those things started.
That Ferrari is on par with that Mercedes...has been since the middle of last season.

My god you Hamilton fanboys ...
can you face the truth sometimes , or is it too hard ?
and what about trolling here ?
equal machinery ?
you need so much your metro sexual rockstar to be a god that he have to face a MONSTER, the new 2018 Ferrari !
so he's even greater !

are you sixteen or something ?
cause this is childish behavior mate
and what does Hamilton drive ?
an Autobus ?
You say equal machinery because with this statement, it means that Hamilton is among the gods.
6 tenths above vettel with an equal, (and may be inferior car!), so it means by his own skills !!!!!!
what a man! :inlove:
Lewis is clever, beautiful, outstanding, a sexual beast, the best driver in History.
are we done ?

Rosberg has beaten your "god" with equal machinery my Lord, and Vettel beat your man with an inferior car yesterday and some little luck i have to admit , but Sebastian was clever being fast in pit entry, he knows every rules of his sport.
not so much inferior the ferrari is, but inferior she is
Lewis have the dominant car in this starting season, as last year, and the year before and the year before that. ( i know you will hate me for this sentence xD)

But i do not see the problem here, Vettel for his 4 titles has always have the dominant car, as Michael, as Senna.
Give me one title Senna wins with NOT the dominant car ?
except Prost in 1986 and raikko in 2007 and may be Lewis in 2008, every world champion had the dominant car since 1986 if i remember well.

so where is the problem ?
You do not serve you master well by being such a groupie (with all respect )

Forza Ferrari.:)

Voted for Kimi......Im a long time Kimi fan and it was great to hear him talked about so much and see him a laying down fastest laps all race instead of the last lap when it's time to go home. Hope he has a great end to a solid career.

As for Alonso......Im a fan as well but truth be told his result came at the expense of some geeked up Hass pit dudes..

Not a Hamilton fan and doubt I ever will, however he was damn good on Sunday and gets my vote. Also this weekend proved how utterly boring F1 has become

My favorite moment was Hamilton asking his crew if it was ok to push, then making a command decision to just do it, then driving off the track and essentially losing the race right there. Beautifully done.

equal machinery ?
you need so much your metro sexual rockstar to be a god that he have to face a MONSTER, the new 2018 Ferrari !
so he's even greater !

an Autobus ?
You say equal machinery because with this statement, it means that Hamilton is among the gods.
6 tenths above vettel with an equal, (and may be inferior car!), so it means by his own skills !!!!!!
Lewis is clever, beautiful, outstanding, a sexual beast, the best driver in History.
are we done ?

Rosberg has beaten your "god" with equal machinery my Lord, and Vettel beat your man with an inferior car yesterday and some little luck i have to admit , but Sebastian was clever being fast in pit entry, he knows every rules of his sport.
Lewis have the dominant car in this starting season, as last year, and the year before and the year before that. ( i know you will hate me for this sentence xD)

But i do not see the problem here, Vettel for his 4 titles has always have the dominant car, as Michael, as Senna.
except Prost in 1986 and raikko in 2007 and may be Lewis in 2008, every world champion had the dominant car since 1986 if i remember well.

All I had to do, was look at your avitar...that's it.
I knew the next sentence was going to be some idiotic response about Hamilton and 'fanboys'.
For the record, I am no one's fanboy....I worship no one.
What I do is look at performance and facts.
Some of you guys just can't seem to get over your petty hatred and jealousy of somebody you've never met.
Let me guess....you don't like Hamilton because....(insert reason)
He came into F1 and went straight to a top team..
He didn't have to struggle like other drivers and got into a good car right from the beginning.
He challenged Ferrari and beat them in 2007...how dare he?
He's rapper wanna-be.
He gets paid too much.
He owns to many houses and a Challenger Business jet.
He has too many nice looking women...that shouldn't be allowed.
He's all about himself.
Did I miss any?
Jesus!... you guys are predictable.

equal machinery ?
so he's even greater !

an Autobus ?
are we done ?

No no and no. Dominant car is HAAS (but wheels should be correctly screw! )

All I had to do, was look at your avitar...that's it.
I knew the next sentence was going to be some idiotic response about Hamilton and 'fanboys'.
For the record, I am no one's fanboy....I worship no one.
What I do is look at performance and facts.
Some of you guys just can't seem to get over your petty hatred and jealousy of somebody you've never met.
Let me guess....you don't like Hamilton because....(insert reason)
He came into F1 and went straight to a top team..
He didn't have to struggle like other drivers and got into a good car right from the beginning.
He challenged Ferrari and beat them in 2007...how dare he?
He's rapper wanna-be.
He gets paid too much.
He owns to many houses and a Challenger Business jet.
He has too many nice looking women...that shouldn't be allowed.
He's all about himself.
Did I miss any?
Jesus!... you guys are predictable.

man, you misunderstood me completly, Lewis is a great driver but not the god you think he is, ,he's one of the driver who won a championship without the dominant car as i said in my previous post..., but you don't read me.
I was "mainly" speaking about his followers, guys like you mate who are trully fanboys and your joke about "equal cars"
That's all, nobody can denied lewis skills and talent, he's gifted thats for sure.
I started my post with" my god you hamilton fanboys ", yousee the difference with " My god lewisHamilton... "
do you ?

did you read my post or did you stop after your quote ?
I don't like Hamilton...at all , but I respect the fighter he is.
that doesn't change the fact that many of his fans/followers are really a pain in the ..., most of times.
look at your answer... , you clearly think we rage about Hamilton success in life (jets , womens, money ...:sleep: ) and you talked about jealousy and hatred...
anyway...

all these twitter/instagram things are not my stuff.

"Did I miss any?" you asked ?
yeah right mate, you miss them all.

Last but not least , there is a big difference between us, you support Hamilton , I support the Scuderia Ferrari.
I have supported many drivers, Schumacher, Raikonnen, Alonso, and now sebastian Vettel.
and this "cult of personnality" with Hamilton has nothing to do with real motorsport fans, but it still stay my own opinion, i am old fashioned i guess
Some may not be agree

Last edited:
man, you misunderstood me completly, Lewis is a great driver but not the god you think he is, ,he's one of the driver who won a championship without the dominant car as i said in my previous post..., but you don't read me.
I was "mainly" speaking about his followers, guys like you mate who are trully fanboys and your joke about "equal cars"
That's all, nobody can denied lewis skills and talent, he's gifted thats for sure.
I started my post with" my god you hamilton fanboys ", yousee the difference with " My god lewisHamilton... "
do you ?

did you read my post or did you stop after your quote ?
I don't like Hamilton...at all , but I respect the fighter he is.
that doesn't change the fact that many of his fans/followers are really a pain in the ..., most of times.
look at your answer... , you clearly think we rage about Hamilton success in life (jets , womens, money ...:sleep: ) and you talked about jealousy and hatred...
anyway...

all these twitter/instagram things are not my stuff.

"Did I miss any?" you asked ?
yeah right mate, you miss them all.

Last but not least , there is a big difference between us, you support Hamilton , I support the Scuderia Ferrari.
I have supported many drivers, Schumacher, Raikonnen, Alonso, and now sebastian Vettel.
and this "cult of personnality" with Hamilton has nothing to do with real motorsport fans, but it still stay my own opinion, i am old fashioned i guess
Some may not be agree
Your attempt at humor seems elusive.
You don't know me from Adam.
You sure as hell don't know who I 'root' for as a team or driver.
I've followed the sport of F1 since 1971 during which,..there have been lots of teams and driver.
I find your statement rather presumptuous calling me a "Hamilton fanboy" and questioning if I'm trolling.
How the heck could I mis-read your intent?
You might want to stop now and save a bit of face.

Why can't this just be a polite discussion ?
We're just arguing that the Mercedes is a dominant car (from Pole and Win percentages actually the most dominant car of the last decades) and that this is an advantage Ham has.. this doesn't mean he isn't among the best and I also rate him as such, but we can't deny that his car is above the others.
Is he better than Bottas and able to beat him comfortably? sure he is.
Is he .7 of a sec above the likes of Vettel and Alonso? I don't think so, Ricciardo among others thinks that a good chunk of that is given by car and I do as well, that's also what data says..that Ferrari lacks aero load as of now.
If you can provide data/objective suggestions that could prove otherwise you are very welcome and I'd gladly change my mind, but saying all this is just "jealousy" without providing any of the facts you mention defending your idea that the Merc is and has been costantly on par with the Ferrari recently you aren't really adding to the discussion imo.
P.s. I'm very jealous of EVERY F1 driver TBH, as driving such a car would be a dream come true (and a crash as well probably :p)

WOW, Monstro calm down son its only F1. This whole thread was about who you thought was the best. You don't need to flame another. This is a personal feeling man take a chill pill son and BREATH.

I am defo no Hamilton fan, yet the boy did good..This is a fact.

Masterful performance from Hamilton, he did deserve the win, but cheeky Vettel found a way to get in front and capitalized, so I gave the winner the vote.

It's frightening how fast the Merc is in clean air.
My favorite moment was Hamilton asking his crew if it was ok to push, then making a command decision to just do it, then driving off the track and essentially losing the race right there. Beautifully done.
That was funny, I don't think it cost him the race though, he could catch the back of Vettel pretty easily just couldn't find a way around so he settled into 2nd.

Very happy for Alonso, but it was clear he's car was slower than the cars behind him, unless he was driving conservatively to protect the engine because he knew they couldn't get past. I really hope McLaren can give him a few podiums this year.

The only fun part of this first 2018 race was Verstappen. I guess he played too much PS4 this winter:roflmao:...a real mature driver:cautious:. The rest of the race was boring as hell...as usual.

Very happy for Alonso, but it was clear he's car was slower than the cars behind him, unless he was driving conservatively to protect the engine because he knew they couldn't get past. I really hope McLaren can give him a few podiums this year.

Yeah, I hope he was being strategic and keeping his powder dry, because otherwise McLaren are still in trouble as his pace was pretty slow.

He didn't lose the race there, there was no way to overtake a slightly slower ferrari on this track, he lost the race due to the VSC and his team not instructing him to push more earlier on, in fact I liked that he tried to catch vettel, but not much to do, really.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back