F1 Australian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Australian Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

The opening round of the new season is over and done - who do you vote as 'Driver of the Day'?

A great race, some great performances and a wonderful track - Formula One 2018 style is here and it's looking like a good season is in store...

With plenty of solid performances from a number of drivers, who do you rate as the Australian Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'?

Let us know in the poll and comments section below!

Voted for Kimi.. not for the result per se, but for the performance: this weekend he has been faster than Seb most of the time and I think that once more he deserved more than what he got, and that's unfortunate since he looked very sad on the podium.
Still, congrats for Vettel for not making even a small mistake and not cracking under pressure.

Gave my vote to Vettel deffinetlly deserves it... Ferrari used the damn opritunitty but he was fighting Hamilton off till the last couple of laps.

And than i would go for the Alonso. Not a fan of mclaren but finally after years of not finishing the damn race he is finally competitive again :)

Seb. because he kept his head down & snatched an impossible win today. Not sure what happened with ham. but it seemed like kimi needed another lap to pass him.
Really sad for Haas today but happy for Alonso for the P5.

(Sorry for all ham. fans)

Last edited:
Well originally I would've voted "The Ferrari Race Engineer" ;) , but then, I chose Magnussen, because he really wrung a great performance from his car, that was sadly stopped short by his Team's problems.

Hamilton...because he put the work in all weekend, dominated and was managing the gap from equal machinery and quite frankly...deserved the win.
It was gifted to Ferrari through bad luck to Mercedes.

Alonso, of course. He's the only guy in the grid that I still respect. The others have personalities akin to doors and chairs. Well, maybe chairs can actually have more personality and even some charisma.

Equal machinery ? :roflmao:
Ferrari got definitely lucky but come on... Mercedes and Ferrari were far from "equal"
Keep telling yourself that 'little' lie about Ferrari being far inferior to the Mercedes as a precursor for if Vettel wins the championship.
It was so 'inferior' that Lewis...even at Strat14, couldn't get close to Sebastian and had to back off.
Sure, he did that because of overheating rears and cooling concerns, but he couldn't challenge before those things started.
That Ferrari is on par with that Mercedes...has been since the middle of last season.

Several drivers who could be driver of the day today: hamilton, raikkonen, magnussen, grosjean, alonso, ricciardo, I checked who had been voted the least of the deserving ones and overall went with magnussen, one of those with least votes.

Don't see why vettel, who managed to be slower than a 39 years old raikkonen (at least 39 this year) and only won cause of vsc should be driver of the day.

And alonso, who drove a good race already had 45% of voters, so doesn't need 1 more!

• Deleted member 205301

Voted for magnusen , non that I like it, but He did the race of his life, and was a really surprising 4th (even if he was slower than Grosjean)...Raikkonen was really well too.
@++

Magnussen, for his ballsy pass on the outside in T1. For his stellar driving that saw Max spin in a desperate attempt to get past (and never recovered from that, finishing in the position on track that he recovered in). The entire race result would have been different if Haas had not stuffed both pit stops.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 82 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.4%