F1 2017 WIP Thread

I'll hold off for a little more feedback on the sound, but once I feel I have enough feedback, I'll upload a ZIP with the sounds I'm using.

When I used F1 2016's MOD...
20170828002308_1.jpg

20170828002314_1.jpg
But,track billboard(EX:F1 201〇→ Heineken) MOD is crashed:cry:
whoever track billboard update:cry:

Hi All,

I am someone who attempts to avoid Online and Career I just play a little Grand Prix making my own races. So as I see modding stops online/saving I am still happy to adjust my game as those two things do not bother me. If it bothers you please do not add to your game.

Therefore, as I had a bit of spare time I have adjusted all the tracks with new podiums and adverts where appropriate. As always these are not accurate but as close as I can get. I hope by Wednesday night to have them all uploaded.

This is just a little taster of the first four races for 2017:-

melbourne1.jpg

Thanks for your patience, but I hope Wednesday could be the day of all the tracks.

Jim.
(Reddvers)

Hi All,

I am someone who attempts to avoid Online and Career I just play a little Grand Prix making my own races. So as I see modding stops online/saving I am still happy to adjust my game as those two things do not bother me. If it bothers you please do not add to your game.

Therefore, as I had a bit of spare time I have adjusted all the tracks with new podiums and adverts where appropriate. As always these are not accurate but as close as I can get. I hope by Wednesday night to have them all uploaded.

This is just a little taster of the first four races for 2017:-

View attachment 208989

Thanks for your patience, but I hope Wednesday could be the day of all the tracks.

Jim.
(Reddvers)

Very Very Very Fantastic Job!!!
But,You need fix about Chinese GP & Italia GP names on podium & Rolex Clocks.
2017 FORMULA 1 CHINESE GRAND PRIX → 2017 FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX
FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2017 → FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2017

556-3-2017-Formula-1-Heineken-Chinese-Grand-Prix--Pictures-courtesy-Daimler.jpg

Maybe ○○(track name).erp will save & online.
Because I had a bit added about Rolex Clocks (2016's MOD) but I can save career.

Thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:
This has been a bit of a rush job as my real job is full-on so the minor details will have to wait for now, maybe one day.

This is the next four races:-
f12017.png

f12018.png

Jim
(Reddvers)

None of this work is 100% accurate. Sorry.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:
This has been a bit of a rush job as my real job is full-on so the minor details will have to wait for now, maybe one day.

This is the next four races:-
View attachment 209000

View attachment 209001

Jim
(Reddvers)

None of this work is 100% accurate. Sorry.:thumbsup:

Surely editing the track and podium sponsors doesn't trigger a save fail, right? I heard the language and helmet files are ok but fade and it's only the car ERPs which trigger it as of now, but track sponsors too? That'll be some intense brow beating from Codemasters lol.

Finally, if we were be able to proceed with career saving including modded track files that would be only half the pain as it is currently. So keep up the good work.

Reddvers, could you please do the Johnnie Walker ads a little bit more "worn" and the font size a little bit bigger?

Surely editing the track and podium sponsors doesn't trigger a save fail, right? I heard the language and helmet files are ok but fade and it's only the car ERPs which trigger it as of now, but track sponsors too? That'll be some intense brow beating from Codemasters lol.
I'm not entirely sure but you can do some erps, helmets we can do without fading (currently only two career helmets and Hamilton and Grosjean) but incardriver and UI mods don't seem to trigger the save disabling, car erp files though do trigger it, so no livery mods. Tracks I'm not sure of though, I'd suspect they work but can't answer that for sure now.

Oh, that's all I need? I got confused when I saw "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)" directly next to that button on the bottom of the page and thought I actually couldn't post anything yet. Well then, I'll have the mod up later.

Currently creating NoDRS mod (as always, haha). It's just a bit unfortunate, that people will have to import the files theirselves. I don't think uploading/downloading >2GiB for some small textfiles is what anyone would want to do :D

Q6ePStf.jpg

Someone here said that Grosjean and Hamilton's helmets were working...
So, here is Alonso with a Grosjean imported helmet !

EDIT : Sorry.. but in fact.. that doesn't help XD because if the Grosjean helmet is changed.. Alonso's also changes :(

EDIT : Anyway it means that we can swap helmets edit only 2 of them for the moment but.. it works

Last edited:
Damn ! I just found a way to edit the drivers' helmets ! It's sooooo easy and dumb XD
I've just dowloaded the ERP archiver 5.1 to test all the versions I could found and I've just made a little mistake, picking the f12016 directory folder instead of the f12017... Then i wasn't able to see any mipmaps and all the files were in poor quality. Anyway I've imported a custom helmet instead of the Carlos Sainz helmet and it's asked me where to save the mipmaps.. so I've told it to save it at the right place : f12017...male/2017-carlossainz etc...
After that I've picked the right "f1 2017 directory" in the settings and now there isn't any "mipmaps" issue ! I can import anything I want instead of the Carlos Sainz helmet !
It's perfectly working ingame and I haven't seen any "fading" issue !
FHfcxUs.png

mercedes_paint_a.tga.dds__667_RGB_8_3.9.2017._12_23_10.png

Managed to export mercedes_a paint file. Import also works. I didn't test ERP saving yet and game working, but I'm 98% sure this is working! This will fix all NEW mipmaps. There's no error message or sth! I will probably upload mod with all fixed mipmaps.:D:D:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back