• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

F1 2017 WIP Thread

Discussion in 'F1 2017 Mods' started by Graham Laing, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,146
    F1 2017-RD-ModdingWIPs.jpg

If you have a WIP (Work in Progress) mod, and wish to show other modders the current state of your mod, and/or request feedback from them, then please post in this thread only. Thanks :)

Please do not create WIP threads nor upload a WIP or Beta mods to our modding forum.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    [​IMG]
    Managed to put the WFG logo on the sidepod but it does mirror

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coffer

Coffer

Ratings:
    +69
    At this point it's to be expected in these games. At least modding can still be done.

4. CW.

CW.

Ratings:
    +114
    Using EEA v2 you can export and import helmets but they fade at close range 20170825091829_1.jpg 20170825091911_1.jpg

5. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294

I've already managed an audio switch, 04 Ferrari Audio on the 2017 Merc :)

• Love Love x 1
  6. Meff28s

Meff28s
    Premium

Ratings:
    +308
    From what I've already seen, some classic cars seem totally not moddable without a proper 3D models... for the decals :(

7. Meff28s

Meff28s
    Premium

Ratings:
    +308
    Have you tried to switch a modern chassis with a classic one ? Do the JSON thing still works ?

EDIT : damn.. I'm not in the right thread :cautious:

8. RaceKing2016

RaceKing2016

Ratings:
    +166
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Coffer

Coffer

Ratings:
    +69
    That is ridiculous. Codemasters my ass. Either they have no idea what they're doing or they're doing it on purpose. Considering the regular cars sound okay on that front, I'm leaning towards the latter.

More people should be calling them out on their idiotic anti-mod crusade.

10. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    json doesn't work for classics to modern

11. Meff28s

Meff28s
    Premium

Ratings:
    +308
    wooow :O_o: do you think there's a solution for that ?

12. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    manually switching all the idf files from a classic to a modern could work, but that's just so so much work

• Sad Sad x 1
  13. ParkYongLee

ParkYongLee

Ratings:
    +226
    I really need to see if I can create an OSD mod again. Jeez, they put a slider for opacity in there and it counts for the text, too? Just want to get rid of the background like always, lol.

Edit: Meh... they put all the stuff into erp, more work and my paint.net can't open the exported .dds files anymore so I can't change the background textures...

Edit2: whatever, I just use an empty file then :D
    upload_2017-8-25_19-7-39.png

that works, background gone

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    • Wow Wow x 1
  14. seby1

seby1

Ratings:
    +22
    Cool! Can you upload the mod?

15. ParkYongLee

ParkYongLee

Ratings:
    +226
    Ya ya ya sure, sure. But I'm still working on it. Want to create it the way I did for F1 2015, but things have changed a bit and some things were additionally implemented. So, yeah, it will need a bit time to get it all done more or less. Just be patient, maybe two or three days depending on how much time I can currently spend this weekend ;-)

• Love Love x 2
  16. ParkYongLee

ParkYongLee

Ratings:
    +226
    f... CM f... CM f... CM I'm already so close to quit this sh... most moronic programming ever, seriously there is no logic behind when a file can be edited and when it will fail to load the race ... it's just OSD ffs. I even looked at last year's OSD mod as the system was very similar but even the changes from last year can't be used the same way this year.

For example: I can make the game to not load the red area of illegal overtaking notice but I can not edit the very same file for the game to make the illegal overtaking timer without background...

I'm frustrated, really, I'm sitting here now for over 7 hours straight and are again or still at the same point as yesterday evening ... "I'm like T T, just like T T..."

• Sad Sad x 1
  17. Ace9921

Ace9921

Ratings:
    +9
    My turn for an audio mod:

This uses two BDL files from F1 2011 and the V8 BDLs from F1 2017 that have been pitch-altered by hex-editing the BDL. I will release this once I get some feedback on how it sounds.

For those interested in altering the pitch of the BDL, if you have a hex editor, change byte 55 to alter the overall pitch of the sound.

• Like Like x 1
  18. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    I presume doing it that way doesn't do anything for gamesaving? The easier way /which is just using the carmodel pkg file) does seem to cause a problem with that. But anyway that's very cool!

19. Ace9921

Ace9921

Ratings:
    +9
    I didn't have any save issues by replacing the V6 sounds for the 2017 cars with these tweaked V8 sounds. As a test, I started a Haas career yesterday and completed one of the championships today (started it shortly after the Haas career). I left the Haas career at Australia practice 3 and placed 1st in the Sprint Championship before restarting the game, and everything is as it was.
    I'm assuming the car ERPs are checked to prevent performance-altering mods from being used, particularly online. I personally think Codemasters could alter how they go about this by disabling online play and leaderboard uploads should the game detect modified car ERPs. Does altering ERPs prevent saving in Quick Race?

20. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    yes it does, I would love if they did that too but oh well. I'm very interested in your mod then :D