F1 2017 F1 2017 Released for PC, Xbox One and PS4

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Released 4.jpg

The latest in a long line of officially licensed Formula One games is here... introducing Formula One 2017 by British development studio Codemasters, available for PC and console from today.

Featuring the official license to represent the 2017 FIA Formula One World Championship, F1 2017 is the eight successive title to be released under the watchful eye of Codemasters and looks set to become the biggest and most polished release from the franchise to date.

Oh and to celebrate, check out the new TV advert for the game;

Fully Realised Career Mode
Delve deeper than ever before into the new vehicle management features that require the player to balance resource to improve performance, keep the car reliable, and avoid punishing grid penalties.

Pick up and Play Multiplayer
With improved multiplayer matchmaking, new online stats and a levelling system, and all multiplayer session types will allow the option of racing either the 2017 cars or the classic cars.

12 Absolute Classics
The classic cars are integrated into the career mode, and can be raced in both Single Class and Multi Class Races. There are also new ‘invitational events’ with a variety of exciting gameplay modes that include: Overtake, Pursuit, Checkpoint Challenge and Time Attack.
  • 1988 McLaren MP4/4 *
  • 1991 McLaren MP4/6
  • 1992 Williams FW14B
  • 1995 Ferrari 412 T2
  • 1996 Williams FW18
  • 1998 McLaren MP4-13
  • 2002 Ferrari F2002
  • 2004 Ferrari F2004
  • 2006 Renault R26
  • 2007 Ferrari F2007
  • 2008 McLaren MP4 -23
  • 2010 Red Bull Racing RB6
  • * (DLC car in F1 2017 Special Edition)
Research and Develop
We’ve completely overhauled how you progress your team in career mode. Many more options available to upgrade.

Alternate Track Layouts
A first for the franchise, as well as the 20 official circuits, there are four additional track variants added to the game.

Formula One 2017 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC right now.

F1 2017 Released 2.jpg
F1 2017 Released 3.jpg
F1 2017 Released.jpg

For more news, community chat and some pretty awesome online racing action, check out the links below;

F1 2017 Sub Forum
F1 2017 Racing Clubs and Leagues
F1 2017 Modding Forum
F1 2017 Community Car Setup Forum

How are you finding the new game? Happy with your experience so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Yeah, we get it. F1 2017 lacking VR.
Said so many times already.
And even I don't have it I admit... it's great for immersion. And don't you or anyone else get me wrong... Assetto is a great game, really it is. Great simulation.
But don't you get bored with this Kimi-Vettel F1 series already ?
You got only those two drivers right ? Then... don't you want ...a rain for once, say ? Safety car ? NIGHT ?? All official teams and drivers, better graphic, better replay system, all real life F1 rules, amazing career mode etc etc,... don't you want any of that ...occasionally ?
I love (and I'm sure I'm far from being lonely here on RD:)) official stuff, that's how I am, F1, MotoGP, Rally, Indy, NASCAR,... and although Assetto did amazing job with those Ferraries... it's not even close in simulating real F1 race or even more - F1 driver career.
Can we agree at least on that ? And let's pray together then for VR, whaddya say ? :D
motorcyclist-pray-during-a-mass-during-the-annual-polish-pilgrimage-picture-id470362562

Maybe next time....

Managed to play it for another hour today (wanted to play more, but there is a thing called "life", or so I was told.) Anyway, I feel like they built on the progress they made last year with F1 2016 and you do get the feeling that this time, CM is on the right track. Quite a turnaround, considering that I had pretty much given up on CM after the lemons they released in 2014 and 2015. This is a highly enjoyable game. I play it on a PS4 and the graphics are very good, but I feel like next year, they will have to up their game a little bit, otherwise the game will start to feel a bit dated compared to PCars 2 or GT. CM obviously wants this game to run on computers that don't have a top of the line graphic card and CPU. There are still a few little flaws: the characters in career mode still look... weird (especially the agent.) I was hoping for better helmet designs for the career mode (they've kept the same uninspired ones from last year.) But I'm being fussy, I know. Overall, this is a really great game. With the upcoming release of Project Cars 2, I'll be wasting quite a lof of time in front of my TV! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back