F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

I ve understand that it isnt able to mod the cars until u want to save progress.
My question is now,if I´m able to change the sponsors on the tracks and still continueing career mode with saving ?
There are some graphic mods for tracks but I´m unsure if i can put them in.

I ve understand that it isnt able to mod the cars until u want to save progress.
My question is now,if I´m able to change the sponsors on the tracks and still continueing career mode with saving ?
There are some graphic mods for tracks but I´m unsure if i can put them in.
Faster than waiting for an answer in a forum is to try it out. Put the modded file in, go Grand Prix mode and try to "save and exit". If there is no saving shown at the top left, you'd have your answer.

Anyone using paint.net here for F1 2017? The new BC7_SRGB isn't really working out as the latest paint.net dds plugin can only export BC7 and then the whole image looks shiny. It's not contrast, brightness or alpha setting ... dang no texture editing for me then it seems if not anyone around here has found a good setting what to change in paint.net.

Anyone using paint.net here for F1 2017? The new BC7_SRGB isn't really working out as the latest paint.net dds plugin can only export BC7 and then the whole image looks shiny. It's not contrast, brightness or alpha setting ... dang no texture editing for me then it seems if not anyone around here has found a good setting what to change in paint.net.
I tried all options, no luck. I tried https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin and used PS to save.
This does not answer your question, but gives the same end-result.
Hope that helps 515220_127.jpg

Last edited:
So, since he isn't around anymore what do the RD rules say of reupload by an other user? (in the end I was able to get a copy of that mod^^)
The general rule is that you don't upload other modder's work without their permission first. The same goes for mods you might find elsewhere on the internet, you don't upload them here without permission.

He decided surreptitiously that he didn't want his mods uploaded here, that was his choice, he just went about it the wrong way. You don't really have the right to over-rule his choice

Just for a heads up guys...
It seems with the latest update Codemasters made, ALL of the helmets which was exportable using Noesis is now void; this means they must have initially forgot to encrypt certain helmet textures, but now ALL are un-accessible! :mad:

I was planning on updating my Lewis Hamilton helmet to include the DDS texture for someone...now i can't!

Bloody Codemasters!

It seems with the latest update Codemasters made, ALL of the helmets which was exportable using Noesis is now void; this means they must have initially forgot to encrypt certain helmet textures, but now ALL are un-accessible! :mad:

I was planning on updating my Lewis Hamilton helmet to include the DDS texture for someone...now i can't!

Bloody Codemasters!
But you still can import.. I did it just last night (version 1.6)

Bloody Codemasters!
yeah import still works, just no more exportable ones until we get an updated tool of some sort.

I asked this in f1 2016 and its probably the same answer this year again... but I was wondering if its possible to edit the database.bin file aka the \asset_groups\game_package\gamedatabases

when trying to do some minor changing this files on the photoshop cannot save or somehow saved then game crash.I save the edited file exact mip and dxt format as in the game how it was example for haas decal.tga mip 10 dxt5 but then it doesn't work I have some issues about that.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.