F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Not sure - a cracked exe looks the most likely workaround but that will probably take some time as a) Denuvo is difficult to crack and b) F1s popularity is lower than other games to be cracked coming out e.g. COD WWII, it also depends if you think its morally right to support game pirates.

There is also a chance that if enough people to complain to codemasters on twitter that it could be removed but I highly doubt that happening

Well that's a shame... I was really hoping to be able to create somewhat of a balancing mod

Guess we'll have to wait a while; Thank you for the replies

He updated all his mods with blank files.
Still I'm confused, I mean: RD staff would delete the mods then, right? And usually the threads keep being visible as [Deleted] (like with the guy who posted the bus picture) but here only googlecache knows about all this, no traces left behind in public.

Anyway, I pm'ed two guys, I hope one of them has a copy of this mod to share. I somehow forgot to download it when it was available *sigh* (don't want to create it myself, no time atm).

If only codies put the car performances in a different file to the car livery's, then we could edit the livery's, and they could still block off the performance file from being edited... Sigh...

My custom helmet still works
The only thing I can think of is that you either didn't save the helmet as DXT1 no alpha, or imported it wrong

My custom helmet worked without problems before patch 1.5 so everything was done as it should be on my side. I dont know if they made a hotfix, but today (without me changing anything in the game) the william barker helmet in game reverted from grey/white back to the original coloring so now the custom helmet works right again :D Weird, but i am glad its ok now.

My custom helmet worked without problems before patch 1.5 so everything was done as it should be on my side. I dont know if they made a hotfix, but today (without me changing anything in the game) the william barker helmet in game reverted from grey/white back to the original coloring so now the custom helmet works right again :D Weird, but i am glad its ok now.
Good to know, have to try in my game tomorrow. :)

Is anyone actually trying to fix the issue with modding?
What do you have in mind? Petar would be the only one updating his tools and that can take weeks or months, depending on how much time he has and wants to spend.
And the security system might not even bypassed then, that may really will need a crack for Denuvo... so, who's gonna do it? Not this platform here usually (no .exe manipulation)
I tried for hours getting the game to load different files, like with the driver specific liveries back in the good ol' days. But not only .erp but also the assetgroup files for cars are protected. So, unless one finds the source of the socalled-BigERP generator that CM's using (I doubt it), you can't even get the game to load additional files to bypass its checks.

What do you have in mind? Petar would be the only one updating his tools and that can take weeks or months, depending on how much time he has and wants to spend.
And the security system might not even bypassed then, that may really will need a crack for Denuvo... so, who's gonna do it? Not this platform here usually (no .exe manipulation)
I tried for hours getting the game to load different files, like with the driver specific liveries back in the good ol' days. But not only .erp but also the assetgroup files for cars are protected. So, unless one finds the source of the socalled-BigERP generator that CM's using (I doubt it), you can't even get the game to load additional files to bypass its checks.
Well thats what I meant if anyone know if Petar is doing it or if someone else is

I messaged Petar, read as below I have deleted F1 2017 and moving onto Assetto Corsa I am telling codemasters with my money no more codemasters games if they want to keep their security intact that is their right but I don't have put up with it. Surely there is another way to stop cheating online other than to stop modding. That is half the fun for me I spend hours trying to get all cars within .5 of a second on all tracks damn close racing but that is all gone for F1 2017.
______________( Hi Chris,
I don't have plans to fix this any time soon, unfortunately.
Regards,
Petar
On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 3:37 PM, gmhsv8 wrote:)_____________

Game is crashing with custom helmet after 1.5. I did everything exactly as I've seen in the video posted here and worked before the patch. Now it crashes. Any ideas for a fix or is just the anit-modding ways of Codies.

Game is crashing with custom helmet after 1.5. I did everything exactly as I've seen in the video posted here and worked before the patch. Now it crashes. Any ideas for a fix or is just the anit-modding ways of Codies.
Try overwriting a different helmet

It seems that no one is interested but I found a way to import any helmet you want for any driver you want and break the "mipmaps" issue. I'm currently making a Season2 career mod, everything works fine !

It seems that no one is interested but I found a way to import any helmet you want for any driver you want and break the "mipmaps" issue. I'm currently making a Season2 career mod, everything works fine !
Couldn't you just use the same method as custom helmets

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 312 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years