F1 2017 F1 2017 Beta Access up for Grabs

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters F1 2017 Beta programme.jpg

Codemasters have today opened up places for the upcoming Beta testing programme for F1 2017, with 300 slots each available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC players of the game.

The long standing British developers have confirmed the new Formula One 2017 title, the official videogame of the 2017 FIA Formula One World Championship, has been in development for a considerable period of time already and they are now in a position to open up beta testing positions for 900 people across the three release platforms (300 each platform).

Codemasters followed a similar route with last year's return to form release of F1 2016, however after finding the benefits seemingly directly affecting the popularity of the previous game, Codemasters have pledged to further expand their casting call for the new project.

"Last year, we ran a very successful programme of community testing and beta tests, in which you gave us some incredible feedback that helped us shape the game. We’re very excited to announce that they were so successful that this year we’re not only widening their scope, but we’re starting the process earlier as well" Social Media Manager Jenny said in a statement from Codemasters.
In order to apply for a place in the new beta testing programme you will have to register your details on this link HERE, where you will be required to have a Codemasters forum account, working email address and of course a desire to help shape development of the only officially licenced Formula One game available in the marketplace today.

No doubt with a title that appeals to a broad gaming audience wider than just motorsport fans demand for a place on the programme will be far greater than the allocated 300 slots per platform, so if you want in on the action before anyone else, act fast or miss out!

Formula One 2017 will be the eight Formula One title by Codemasters since taking over rights to the franchise back in 2010. The game will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC during 2017.

Check out the Formula One 20** sub forum for all the latest news relating to the F1 series of games. We host regular racing events, have a strong archive of downloadable content and cover all the latest news with regards to all the games within the franchise. If you want a place to go and discuss Codemasters Formula One games, then head on over and get yourself in on the conversation!

Will you be applying for a place in the 2017 beta programme? Are you looking forward to F1 2017? Do you think the game could be the best yet for the series? What would you like to see included in the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
What happens to the beta when the game is released proper?
Basically since it was pretty much always-online it connected to the database (or something), got the data that beta has ended and it just throws a message that beta has ended and gets back to start screen. Nothing interesting. Basically, it now just sits in my Steam library Hidden.

I would suggest that you try extreme setups, full FW and lowest RW, same thing for roll bars, camber and diff... try your hardest to find exploits.
Nice suggestion, will try that then. i'm pretty sure we will get a time-trial, so should be nice testing.

I'm in too and i will test the difference between driving with full, medium and without assits.
Ofcourse the crazy setups will be tested too
Then i will compare the real times with the fast guys from us to see if we will get ridiculous fast and again way faster then reallife.
And the next step on my "agenda" is a comparrision between wheel, pad and keyboard in terms of braking and accelerating

I'm in too and i will test the difference between driving with full, medium and without assits.
Ofcourse the crazy setups will be tested too
Then i will compare the real times with the fast guys from us to see if we will get ridiculous fast and again way faster then reallife.
And the next step on my "agenda" is a comparrision between wheel, pad and keyboard in terms of braking and accelerating
Check if they improved or finally introduced lack of downforce when you are behind the other car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back