F1 2015 F1 2015 release date & teaser trailer revealed

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
F1_2015_Shot_02.jpg

Codemasters and Bandai Namco have announced the release date for F1 2015, and have unveiled a teaser trailer for the latest installment in the series.

Click here to watch the teaser trailer!

F1 2015 will be out on July 10 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and as such will be the first next-gen only title in the series. The teaser trailer is only 22 seconds long, but at least it does show some in-game footage.

I have to say the graphics look rather good, and some footage could easily be mistaken for the real thing. Anyway, we all know the handling model is the most important part of a racing game, and as such we're curious to see what Codemasters has been up to.

Those who preorder the game will receive a metal case along with a guide called "Race Like a Champion". Whilst many have qualms about preording games, that certainly sounds better than some on-disc DLC that should have been in the base game! Stay tuned for more news on F1 2015!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if anyone has picked up on this yet but at 0:11 in the trailer you can see that the degrees of rotation issue that was in the other F1 games where the driver would only turn the wheel 270 degrees seems to be gone. Just putting it out there :p.

I don't know if anyone has picked up on this yet but at 0:11 in the trailer you can see that the degrees of rotation issue that was in the other F1 games where the driver would only turn the wheel 270 degrees seems to be gone. Just putting it out there :p.

Holy **** nice catch ! I hope they finally get rid of the in game 90° steering and animation lock... I am curious if for the 2015 cars, if Pastor will get the old steering wheel (he doesn't use a screen) and Grosjean the one with the screen. Also, for Force India, does any of the two driver have a screen on his wheel ?

As for the game, there's some stuff that looks good and other not so much... still need to get to know much more from this game. I have also notice that you can see the carbon band on Grojean helmet and other times in the video while racing there isn't the carbon band... makes me think about the same BS that's already going on with the helmet on their previous game, that if you don't play the mod with the actual drivers, the helmets are low quality.

Reported from another site today...

Codemasters announces a delay to F1 2015, saying the racing sequel will now take the green flag on July 21st in North and Latin America and on July 24th in Brazil.

Steam however is still showing July 10.

Not convinced on how much steering that actually is, all i know it's still way short of 360 (granted i don't know if that's the maximum input).

Not convinced on how much steering that actually is, all i know it's still way short of 360 (granted i don't know if that's the maximum input).

I think they go less than 220°, something like 200° or 220°. Just look at Monaco, they go full lock and they barely go over 180°. Also that other guy must have meant 70°, because in no shape or form the old codemaster F1 games gone at 270°...

Last edited:
I think they go less than 220°, something like 200° or 220°. Just look at Monaco, they go full lock and they barely go over 180°. Also that other guy must have meant 70°, because in no shape or form the old codemaster F1 games gone at 270°...

When i say 360, i mean 180 to the left and 180 to the right, and i'm sure the guy who said 270 meant 135 left/right.

It's common refer to it this way because games that actually allow you to set how much steering lock you want use this style of measurement.
One full lap to the left and another to the right would be called 720 not 360 lock.

The 270 Codemasters has used thus far, is common for the cheapest wheels available, halfway between 90 degrees to either side and the full 180.

Looking at the footage of Button turning left in Bahrain i'm not convinced they went beyond the 270 degrees, it might be a bit more, but i can't precise it and the driver(AI or human) might not be turning everything, i know it's a lot less than 360 (or 180 in the way you use it)

Most "hardcore" sims, use something between 360 and 450 (so 225) for F1 cars, personally i would like something in that range.

I've got to say that the warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach is back with this one, the same feeling I got with F1 2010.
I will still wait for independent reviews to come out (none of this IGN/TeamVVV/GameSpot rubbish), before I purchase it though.

When i say 360, i mean 180 to the left and 180 to the right, and i'm sure the guy who said 270 meant 135 left/right.

It's common refer to it this way because games that actually allow you to set how much steering lock you want use this style of measurement.
One full lap to the left and another to the right would be called 720 not 360 lock.

The 270 Codemasters has used thus far, is common for the cheapest wheels available, halfway between 90 degrees to either side and the full 180.

Looking at the footage of Button turning left in Bahrain i'm not convinced they went beyond the 270 degrees, it might be a bit more, but i can't precise it and the driver(AI or human) might not be turning everything, i know it's a lot less than 360 (or 180 in the way you use it)

Most "hardcore" sims, use something between 360 and 450 (so 225) for F1 cars, personally i would like something in that range.
In game it doesn't go over 90° each side, and in the video you see the bottom of the steering wheel ! hence it gone over 90°. In the previous game you could never see the in game steering wheel bottom to the top !!!!

It did go over 90 degrees, 90 degrees would be perfectly straight up and it went a little past that, that's just fact.
I'm still reserving judgement because we won't know the limits until we turn the wheel ourselves.

I just check it's max 95° ! and before someone replies by saying "fact like you did"...

The guy is right, you can clearly see in the teaser that the steering is going up side down !

Last edited:
I just check it's max 95° ! and before someone replies by saying "fact like you did"...

mod-edit: this video is surely clickbait and should go into the RaceTube section http://www.racedepartment.com/media/

The guy is right, you can clearly see in the teaser that the steering is going up side down !
I think think you have a pretty poor grasp on what the angles mean.

For the record i remember someone calculated the maximum in game steering lock of the previous games at 255 or thereabouts, simply no way it was 180 or 190.

I think think you have a pretty poor grasp on what the angles mean.

For the record i remember someone calculated the maximum in game steering lock of the previous games at 255 or thereabouts, simply no way it was 180 or 190.

Are you kidding me... talk for yourself dude ! you have issues ! go learn your angles...

Here a free math lesson for you http://www.basic-mathematics.com/types-of-angles.html

In this video you can see the steering going full lock, which is barely more than 90° angle. Btw you don't calculate an angle from each extremities... you calculate the angle from the base point. When you turn left you have a little over 90° and when you turn right you have a little over 90°
AND TO THE MODERATOR, IT'S NOT A CLICK BAIT !!!!!!!! IT'S NOT MY VIDEO, IT'S JUST TO SHOW THE FREAKING STEERING ANGLE !

Last edited:
Look again and tell me that's just above 90 degrees.

I bet you play with a controller and haven't even figured out that there's a hidden steering assist stopping you from using full lock "on demand" lol.

Wow 95° 100° at most... You really have issues with how degrees work... 180 would be up side down, 360 would be a full circle ! learn your geometry guy...!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back