1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured F1 2015 release date & teaser trailer revealed

Discussion in 'F1 2015 - The Game' started by Alex Franchini, May 22, 2015.

1. F1_2015_Shot_02.jpg
    Codemasters and Bandai Namco have announced the release date for F1 2015, and have unveiled a teaser trailer for the latest installment in the series.

Click here to watch the teaser trailer!

F1 2015 will be out on July 10 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and as such will be the first next-gen only title in the series. The teaser trailer is only 22 seconds long, but at least it does show some in-game footage.

I have to say the graphics look rather good, and some footage could easily be mistaken for the real thing. Anyway, we all know the handling model is the most important part of a racing game, and as such we're curious to see what Codemasters has been up to.

Those who preorder the game will receive a metal case along with a guide called "Race Like a Champion". Whilst many have qualms about preording games, that certainly sounds better than some on-disc DLC that should have been in the base game! Stay tuned for more news on F1 2015!

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  2. 10th of July? I thought the release date was in June..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Yup, it looks like it may have been pushed back, Steam are still showing June 12th as the release date (at the moment).

EDIT: Steam now showing July 10th

Codemasters Twitter & Facebook accounts state July 10th

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I skipped 2014. 2015 will have to have rave reviews for me to consider getting it.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. I got it on Steam 50% off sale today. Of course it's not really worth it, I know, but it's nice to keep the sequence going, especially at $15. ;)

6. Yeah, sounds about right...

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Short but good looking trailer. Interesting to see how a July release pans out for a game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yes it's been pushed back by a month. I remember the original press release having a fact sheet saying "June 23".

Also, it looks good. Cautiously optimistic!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Old Mclaren livery is a deal braker for me atleast.

10. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

....remember when they said it would be released in time for the first race of 2015 and have frequent patches to keep up with the real season........ LOL

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I believe some of the footage actually is the real thing. I have to say also that a metal case doesn't exactly make my toes curl. It seems I will have to avoid ordering in advance in order to avoid the metal case. But if a metal case is good for you - enjoy.

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. who needs this game after project cars?

13. No.

14. After Project Cars, I especially need this game. PCars on Xbox One, with Xbox One Controller needs to be patched. I've seen so much Twitch on Project Cars I now wear a tin foil hat to play it. If I pull it down over my eyes, I don't notice the bugs, the AI, the UI. Ah, now I remember, it's not a tin foil hat, it's GT3. Anything faster than than 140mph on the Xbox One controller is twitch, twitch and twitch.

And that solitary guy with the lollipop stick and tremors in the pit lane...

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. They would add some retro cars and tracks... like Fangio´s Maserati and old Nurburgring... I would like to try something new...

16. Oh Codemasters, only you can release a "gameplay teaser" that mostly features drivers in the paddock and cars in the garage/grid.

The closest thing to a driveable cam this video features is a half a second of a Toro Rosso bonnet.

17. [​IMG]
    Can already tell this game is unreal, Hamilton and Rosberg are celebrating together,
    In all serious though, Hamilton and Rosberg look good but Vettel looks kinda strange

• Haha Haha x 6
  18. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Pffrt, at least you have your team in the game. Manor isn't included when the game is released.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. The "last years cars with 2015 nose" is proving true, clearly the case with the Mclaren.

20. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

It was just after the release of F1 2014... and before things got quiet with CM.

• Agree Agree x 1