F1 2012 F1 2012 Wishlist

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Overall I would like to see..
1. Helmet design tool for all versions PC and Console.
2. In Cockpit View; show status of DRS and KERS (or the option of activating what you want in the heads up displays).
3. Have marked on track map where DRS zones are.
4. A reconnaissance lap prior to the start ie; Come out of the pits and around the track. Driving to your position on the grid, *maybe shows you getting out of the car, interview, then back into the car, reconnaissance lap (game slows you down if you get too close to a car and when you line up, line back up on the grid and wait for the lights to go out.
5. During a career have the both venues for the German Grand Prix alternate as does each season.
6. Change the numbers on the cars to coincide with the last completed in-game season standings.
7. Testing tracks.
8. A few past tracks like Imola and the A1 Ring. (highly unlikely due to commercial rights, but thought I would throw that out there.)
9. Enter a new team from scratch with the ability to design. (doubtful, but hey, it's a "wish list".)

I have been very pleased with the xbox360 versions of the game. Every game has issues, but I think Codemasters has done a great job so far. No game is perfect and everyone will find something wrong or missing. Console wise, they've done good.

Firstly, sorry if the points I raise below have been raised by other gamers previously. I did try to read everyone's suggestions and think of my own, different ones but some may have slipped through the net.

Anyway, I'd like Codemasters to implement the following:
1) I'd like to see the pit garages contain more computers, car parts, hydraulic lines and guns, sound effects etc.
2) A lot of people have mentioned telemetry. It would be fantastic if my driver could get out of the car and go to different people in the garage for different things: one corner to view race telemetry, another to discuss tire strategy etc. Alternatively, this would be just as good over the team radio.
3) The sponsor logos, especially the smaller ones, are very blurry. This is especially noticeable on a large, HD display. This detracts from the realistic world F1 2011 tries to immerse you in.
4) I'd like my name on the race overalls instead of the real world driver's name I am replacing in the team (this is one of my pet hates in F1 2011; I don't see why they needed to write the real world driver's name on the overalls as we'd never see it).
5) Sponsor logos do not appear on the driver's visor unless in the post race cutscene. Why? They appear on all other driver's visors. I assume its something to do with sponsorship/advertising?
6) People have brought up the possibilities of going through feeder series/test driving before getting an F1 seat. If this were to be the case I'd like the option to find sponsors, especially for back row teams. For example, 3 companies offering different amounts and different criteria for sponsorship money - you then have to choose the best deal and meet certain objectives for the sponsorship to continue. You could then be perhaps demoted back to test driver, or 2nd driver were the sponsorship to be withdrawn?
7) The motorhome stuff needs improving. Not to the extent that each team needs a different home but templates could be used based upon the class of the team. Caterham may use the same template as HRT, just like Red Bull may use the same template as Mclaren. Either that or scrap it completely.
8) Incremental car upgrades are something I thought would have been introduced by now. I'd like to be able to do a bit of simulator work during the break periods throughout the year and help refine the car with perhaps a minor, noticeably visible upgrade being brought and fitted to the next race.

I could go on. Most of the driving specific points have already been raised hence why mine are more visually based. F1 2011 is in need of a good graphical polish I think though!

I would like to take co-op to the next level. Not an unrealistic two person player mode but something different.

One player is the actual driver, the other one operates all track side activities. Race strategy, communication, setups/engineering, pitstops.

Especially the latter would be awesome if you can actually become part of the pitcrew and change the tyres of your driver or adjust the wing of the car a few degrees :D Or completely mess everything up :D

Wheelgun time :)

My Wishlist:
- No more GHOSTING!
- Realistic setups, i.e. not scaled from 1-10 but actual values(think ride height).
- No more invisible walls bugs.
- Realistic lap times, not 5s faster than real life.
- Save gam functionality working as intended, this is the basis of the game
- Mid-race saves(yeah right).
- More sensitive damage.
- Full pitlane control.
- Weather to be even more changeable, Sepang this year comes to mind, never had a race like that in F1 2010 or F1 2011.
- No more teleporting.
- No more catchup.xml.
- Ability to select exact % of race distance, like in GP4, rFactor.

My Wishlist:
- Realistic setups, i.e. not scaled from 1-10 but actual values(think ride height).
- Realistic lap times, not 5s faster than real life.
The two are so related. Its my biggest pain with F1 '10 and '11. It's all so fake its not even funny anymore especially if you see how much people can cut the track at some points.

Really hope that they will improve this for this years game. At least make a hardcore mode available or something to those of us that do want more realism.

Deeper career mode, give us the opportunity to make friendships or enemies with other drivers, not just select a rival to beat in the championship after hungary. Make it so we can walk around the paddock and interact with the other drivers and even team members.

Bring back the press conferences... why were they taken out in 2011?

Dedicated servers.. it's not hard to give us the files and let us host them, codies don't have to waste a cent ffs. We'll also have less lag and instability issues

Fully customisable helmet editor and allow them to be imported and exported onto the web

More realistic career goals and contracts, i've only ever driven for the default start teams or the top tier teams, i've never recieved offers from Lotus-Renault or Mercedes, even when I got to level 50 rep, I only got offers from either HRT or Mclaren/Redbull. I want to drive for Lotus-Renault and Mercedes!

During career mode give us something more than just driving the car, give us a little role playing elements as well

Wish they would get the rules & regulations correct and actually enforce them.
Obviously the penalty system needs a serious shake up. I mean seriously, the person who coded the penalty system in F1 2011 should be fired.

Another would be car setup regulations, what i mean is not being able to change the cars set up after FP2.

Because ive noticed that i can change the car set up right before i go to the race.

You can change the car right up until the end of qualifying.
It's just that most teams are organised enough to have it done by the beginning of qualifying.

Okay, cheers for clarifying that, i wasnt sure at what point the teams werent allowed to make changes. And even so, CM got it wrong ahah, coz i can change anything except the engine before a race. Where as IRL they cant change anything can they?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.