F1 2012 F1 2012 Wishlist

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
for 2012 ....
# more best sound for cars....

# replay saving and customizable.

# A.I better balanced, which can also make mistakes, also suffer penalties and driver errors.

# more realistic graphics in the management of lights, reflections bodywork, better textures HD.

I wonder if they will change the way their weather system works after seeing the 2011 Silverstone GP, where half the track was wet and half of it was dry....

I hope so. Codies are usually quite good with those sorts of things. They just miss out a lot of the smaller things that add up to make a bigger difference, ie. Tyre bug and penalty system.

I wonder if they will change the way their weather system works after seeing the 2011 Silverstone GP, where half the track was wet and half of it was dry....

I hope they go for real time weather like used in older flight simulations. Game connects to a weather server, downloads the real time conditions and displays the exact data in our game.

Would also be nice to have an optional 107% rule in online races. If you can't match the leader up to 7% you are out and replaced with another online player :)

Think such a rule would make a lot more sense than those XP and ranking points.

Thats a very good idea Bram.......although on some tracks i may be the one who drops out :-( But it is a great idea, ive seen some people 10 seconds or more slower than the pole man.

There are so many. If anything the damage is top of the list by a loooooooong way.

-The camera angles for the replays are simply terrible, I dont even watch the replays as a result.
-DAMAGE! We make and download the mods for it anyway, why not make options that range from no damage through to ultra realistic. If you colide wheels in this game its like nothing happened when in reality it would put you into the fence. Absolutely NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
-The transition from wet to dry and dry to wet seems pretty average. I think this needs to be improved. We dont have the grip the AI seems to have.
-I would like to see an opportunity to give a position back if you make an error while overtaking. As it stands you get an automatic penalty and sometimes its becuase youre actually trying to avoid a collision.
-Full contol into the pits and in the pit lane.

I hope we see some of these. Did i mention that the damage needs to be addressed???!!!

Perhaps we can make this into an evolving list and combine everyones ideas???

Another thought... What about the sand traps? Is it going too far to say maybe we shouldnt always be able to get out and thus cause a retirement?

I also think that we should only have a certain amount of spare parts to take to the race. We can smash up 100 front wings and still replace them. I just think there needs to be more discipline especially in a category like F1...

Perhaps we can make this into an evolving list and combine everyones ideas???

Another thought... What about the sand traps? Is it going too far to say maybe we shouldnt always be able to get out and thus cause a retirement?

I also think that we should only have a certain amount of spare parts to take to the race. We can smash up 100 front wings and still replace them. I just think there needs to be more discipline especially in a category like F1...
can these days really don't get caught up in the traps, I know the Ferrari's did but, often cars escape the gravel traps

I think that the mirrors should be vastly improved as well. They do not provide any help at all...
Yeah but in the game you have the option to press a button to look right left and backwards making mirrors obsolete. In real F1 there is no button to look behind you, therefore the mirrors have to be there. In the game they're pretty much just there to look pretty.

Personally I'd love to have:
1) Better sounding engines that are more realistic
2) Pre-season testing even if they're just on tracks already built into game... I know some people have said they can't add new tracks due to licencing problems.
3) More chance of a car failure in career mode, I think it's kind of ridiculous that after two seasons with Lotus (now Caterham) their gearbox doesn't break once. Even if Codemasters don't want to put that in multi or just a quick race, maybe in career mode or give us an option to turn that on/off.
4) Better set up options, all the set ups for all the tracks are too similar and it would be nice to have more settings so that we can set up the car the way we want it to handle not necessarily the way that makes it the fastest.
5) The AI also need to be fixed, they never break late enough into corners and I always end up running in to the back of them, and if I don't do that I just easily pass them.

That's all I cba to post now, I think Codemasters have done a relatively good job on their F1 games all things considered and with a few minor tweaks should be the game we all expect them to make.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.7%