F1 2012 F1 2012 Wishlist

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
5 Things i think should be put in.

Next I wish they would make the tyre wall more of a cushion than a brick wall.
Thirdly i know alot of people dont want this, but i think the System Failures should be more random. I mean we saw today in the F1 Both Vettel and Grosjean retiring with Alternator Problems From 1st and 2nd. If they have to go through it why dont we?
I go through this everytime in quali. Something non-specific fails on my car, my screen goes a nasty red like someone has thrown a glass of blood over it. :(

5 Things i think should be put in.

I think they should increase the damage taken on the front wing. It should only be a small scrape to take the front wing off.
Next I wish they would make the tyre wall more of a cushion than a brick wall.
Thirdly i know alot of people dont want this, but i think the System Failures should be more random. I mean we saw today in the F1 Both Vettel and Grosjean retiring with Alternator Problems From 1st and 2nd. If they have to go through it why dont we?
Also The Safety car Definetly needs a tune up and become more frequent and come out for Debris.
Finally Please put in a red flag for weather i wish they would make it so that they could give you the choice to restart behind the safety car in drying conditions or cancel for half points.

Random failures might cause a lot of frustration to players, that's why it's not being implemented and enforced as much, I believe. Keep in mind, CM wants to make a game for the mass market and sim racers are, although we're being provided with a sim game as well, the vast minority.

Get rid of the online "targets" .. i just want to do some fun online races without being worried about what place i am driving at and if it is good enough or not, 2nd or 1st place is not always realisable! They should replace the F1 2010 system, where it's hard to become rank 50 and you can stay there no matter what your results are!

I wonder, why Codies use the same buttons for swiching DRS and KERS for every team? As I know McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull are using behind the wheel triggers or buttons. Why don't they implement it for 2012 game?

I would like to have more control over the car i.e; on pit entry and exit(you should have to practice your pit entry as it is a important part of a race. Too fast you get penalty, too slow you lose time), behind safety car(no auto-braking), on the way to grid and the parade lap(you should be in control of how much heat you get into your tyres before you line up on the grid). All-in-all, there is more that can go wrong with reguards to driver control so you can race well as-well-as be under control, as i no alot of drivers on here are very good racers so as long as you avoid contact with AI cars, 9 times out of 10 you've won the race by eleventy million seconds which is boring. I play on legend mode and im at ferrari, I was winning so much that i will always race with the engine on slow setting for the whole race just to get competion from the AI.
The AI needs to be more aggressive.
The weather reports need to be more accurate i.e; what time during the session the rain is expected, But at the same time totally random/incorrect(like Silverstone, race day was suposed to rain but no rain came, until after the race).
The engineer needs to give better information. Do you no how many times i've heard "the car infront has a puncture" for it to be lapping at a competitve pace, and as David O'reilly mentioned before maybe the driver could respond to his engineer

I would like to have more control over the car i.e; on pit entry and exit(you should have to practice your pit entry as it is a important part of a race. Too fast you get penalty, too slow you lose time), behind safety car(no auto-braking), on the way to grid and the parade lap(you should be in control of how much heat you get into your tyres before you line up on the grid). All-in-all, there is more that can go wrong with reguards to driver control so you can race well as-well-as be under control, as i no alot of drivers on here are very good racers so as long as you avoid contact with AI cars, 9 times out of 10 you've won the race by eleventy million seconds which is boring. I play on legend mode and im at ferrari, I was winning so much that i will always race with the engine on slow setting for the whole race just to get competion from the AI.
The AI needs to be more aggressive.
The weather reports need to be more accurate i.e; what time during the session the rain is expected, But at the same time totally random/incorrect(like Silverstone, race day was suposed to rain but no rain came, until after the race).
The engineer needs to give better information. Do you no how many times i've heard "the car infront has a puncture" for it to be lapping at a competitve pace, and as David O'reilly mentioned before maybe the driver could respond to his engineer

Yes, a simple "disregard" or "acknowledge" would suffice for more info/advice from engineer. And it would be quite fun i think.

Don't know if its been mentioned but some sort of voice recognition would be helpful, I play without any OSD and the engineer doesnt give you any useful information which can be a pain, so if you wanted to know the time difference for a certain position you would just have to say "4th place" and the engineer would tell you the difference between that Pos and your own. Even not knowing what lap your on can be annoying.

Never played a game where VR has been any use but I think it would be suited to this one.

Don't know if its been mentioned but some sort of voice recognition would be helpful, I play without any OSD and the engineer doesnt give you any useful information which can be a pain, so if you wanted to know the time difference for a certain position you would just have to say "4th place" and the engineer would tell you the difference between that Pos and your own. Even not knowing what lap your on can be annoying.

Never played a game where VR has been any use but I think it would be suited to this one.

Great minds think alike Calum ...but I thought of it 5 months earlier!!!!
feb 18th post

"I would like to see "ship to shore" voice recognition.
The conversation with engineer Ed is too one sided.
I would like to say "pitting for inters" or "gap to Button?" or "Vettel strategy?" or "Hamilton Tyres?"
Ed then answers: "Confirm inters, or 8.4 sec or Vettel due to pit for primes in around 4 laps or, Hamilton on primes"
Now thats what I call immersive! "

I would like to see laptime delta being included on the steering wheel, so you can see your where you are on your lap compared to your best, a lot of what you guys have said would be cool too :thumbsup:

Have ordered it, will just be waiting for the 12/09/2012 now I guess..

Clearly audio-recognition is a far-fetched feature for any game. However, it is a very good idea and I would like to see it pursued in some game in the future, would be nice to be able to speak to engineer.

My Ideas:
- *MUST* 3D MODELS:
Higher poly-count models would be nice, from spectator view in F1 2011 the cars are absolutely horrendous, the wings and the suspension is so rigid. Yes, consoles cannot handle as much poly compared to PC. However, like Crysis 2, they gave out an HD graphics package. I would like to see the same on F1 2012

- *MUST* POST-RELEASE SERVICE:
F1 2011's post-release service is horrendous. Besides the first-day patch, there was only 1 more patch, and quite frankly it barely fixed any of the problems. I'd like to see a DLC. Yes, I would be a DLC from Codemasters, whether that is a 2001 circuit-pack, 1993 car & driver-pack, post-release driver profile and car update, However, if you don't even try to put one out, how can we get it? How can you get the money that I am offering?

- *MUST* GRAPHICS
F1 2010 had good graphics. If you placed the handling into F1 2010, I would buy the game. However, something went REALLY wrong in F1 2011 game, everything now looks "cartoon-ish". Go on every single F1 2011 video and you will find some sort of comment regarding the graphics of F1 2011, I enjoyed the 2010 graphics, not the 2011 graphics. And this also leads back to the point of poly-count.

- *MUST* MULTIPLAYER:
Multiplayer MUST be revised. F1 2011 Online is deserted because everybody has some form of issue with GFWL, clearly Steam has taken over and that will no longer be an issue (hopefully). Still, there are a mix of drivers (some good and some horrible). I would love to see these players separated. 2/3 races I would be rammed onto the side entering the first corner of the race.

- GARAGE:
More interactive options in the garage, things that you are able to do in the garage are very limited.

- TYRE SIMULATION:
Tyre simulation must be revised. In F1 2011, driving style, car, nor setup affected the tyre wear. That has to change, because the 2012 season is basically so competitive because of Pirelli tyres, although banned blown difuser is also a factor (leading to the next point).

- SOUND & AMBIENT NOISE:
In F1 2011 sound was nothing like real-life. There is no blown diffuser sound in the RB7 (the most obvious car on the 2011 grid). In the E3 gameplay of F1 2012, engine noise is much better. HOWEVER, downshifts still need to be revised (compared footage to Pole position lap of Lewis Hamilton in Melbourne, Australia). And, add more music please, I am listening to 20 songs over and over again over a span of a year, it is quite annoying.

- HANDLING:
With a majority of the people on controllers, tyre wear and handling must be improved. Yes, tyre managment during the race is best with a wheel (smooth motions, less wheel input); however, for controller users, there is no way in managing tyres because it is just impossible. Handling in F1 2011 is very good already, I'd love to see F1 2012's handling.

Well for me, and a lot of over people, would be the ability to save race replays. Also, I can't fathom why they didn't put in some kind of telemetry, it's FORMULA 1 for gods sake. Every serious racing simulator has it. And along those lines, a bit more adjustability of the setup: tire pressures, fast nd slow compression & rebound, diff settings, ect. While I'm wishing, the ability to adjust more than the fuel mixture on the fly such as brake bias, diff, roll bars and being able to change the front wing settings when you come in for a pitstop during a race.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.