F1 2012 F1 2012 Wishlist

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Well not exactly. It deppends on how wet the track is. On damp track it could be under 20 seconds but on full wet track that requires wet tires the lap times are significantly slower but that wasn't my point. THere is too much grip in the game, yes it's better than 2010 but still too much.

Check this and how hard it is for the driver to contol the car even on 4th and 5th gear.

Well not exactly. It deppends on how wet the track is. On damp track it could be under 20 seconds but on full wet track that requires wet tires the lap times are significantly slower but that wasn't my point. THere is too much grip in the game, yes it's better than 2010 but still too much.

Check this and how hard it is for the driver to contol the car even on 4th and 5th gear.
Yes, I was on about a full wet track :)

The main two things I would like to see in f1 2012 is the ability to have a multiplayer race with everyone forced to use the same setup, and everyone being forced to use cockpit view. If these options were incorporated I would gladly run a no aids fixed setup league.

I think a league like this would appeal to quite a lot of people. I competed in the original f1 2010 pc league but there were so many people using T-CAM with vastly superior tweaked to perfection setups it just made a mockery of the whole thing and in the end i gave up.

You can't tell all people to use the same setups cause they might not work the same for everybody and this is gonna be a huge disadvantage.
They could make a filter where before start the race, as you can choose the aids, you can also choose if the setup can be asigned manually or auto. I would like to see all this people who goes 2 sec from you ahead per lap, if they can do that by their driving, without the help of a setup.

They could make a filter where before start the race, as you can choose the aids, you can also choose if the setup can be asigned manually or auto. I would like to see all this people who goes 2 sec from you ahead per lap, if they can do that by their driving, without the help of a setup.
Well for me the idea of that game is to go faster and faster and not to make fast people as slow as you are :)

Ups I have another one. If I set my aero setup in low - mid range I must have advantage in S1 and 3 at Sao Paulo and lose time in S2 compared to high wing guys. What happens now is - I lose huge amount of time in S2 and they match my speed in S1 and 2 o_O This has to be fixed.

Still, I think that more downforce should generally give you a better lap time as opposed to the low wings which should slow you down but give you a better chance to overtake and defend.

I'm sure my quarrel has already been mentioned - but I'm sick of useless information from my engineer.

e.g. he tells me I'm slower than my team-mate on my out lap (I know, it's an out lap) and when I'm on a low fuel run during quali he tells me in the middle of my hot lap that I'm low on fuel and should come into the pits.

The information needs to be more relevant, especially during races - i.e. if during a wet race, someone else is on inters and I'm on wets, but the inter is lapping faster - I want to know that!

Could really do with TT being less of an ar$e. OK so I might have gone a little tight round a hairpin, doesnt mean I cut the corner but then, OK I might have been a little out of shape into the next bend and actually cut the corner, unintentionally, AND it made my lap slower, but to wipe this lap and my next lap a well seems incredibly harsh and at the end of the day, its not like its going to affect anyone but me.!!

Here's a good idea, as well as having TT with a ghost car, how about a TT track day, so, instead of your ghost car coming to an abrupt halt at the start finish line if your behind it, and then then starting then next lap right on top of you, it could start the next lap instead. Then instead of trying to stay infront of the ghost car, where you cant see it, you'll be trying to catch it so you can see where your improvements are.

5 Things i think should be put in.

I think they should increase the damage taken on the front wing. It should only be a small scrape to take the front wing off.
Next I wish they would make the tyre wall more of a cushion than a brick wall.
Thirdly i know alot of people dont want this, but i think the System Failures should be more random. I mean we saw today in the F1 Both Vettel and Grosjean retiring with Alternator Problems From 1st and 2nd. If they have to go through it why dont we?
Also The Safety car Definetly needs a tune up and become more frequent and come out for Debris.
Finally Please put in a red flag for weather i wish they would make it so that they could give you the choice to restart behind the safety car in drying conditions or cancel for half points.

The main two things I would like to see in f1 2012 is the ability to have a multiplayer race with everyone forced to use the same setup, and everyone being forced to use cockpit view. If these options were incorporated I would gladly run a no aids fixed setup league.

I think a league like this would appeal to quite a lot of people. I competed in the original f1 2010 pc league but there were so many people using T-CAM with vastly superior tweaked to perfection setups it just made a mockery of the whole thing and in the end i gave up.

Although I don't think it's a mockery, I do understand that T-Cam makes a difference to lap times, hence my wish for CM to put camera views under assists.

I only use cam view not because I'm good, but to simulate as much as possible.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.