1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2012 The Game: Videos

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Juul Knoops, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some gameplay footage

2. Looks the same so far, BUT I did notice, Adjustable Brake Bias :)

3. Better engine sound but same crappy physics by the looks of it
    The Circuit however, is absolutely crazy!

4. Sounds are improved.but They need to change hud,menu,time like this.For this times they only changed cars,sounds and track.So They are definitely improve Ai and Brake point agressive,track speed (for example:in abu dhabi we are going 335-340kph its not realistic) so They are developing game every year.its last year for codemasters so they should make to best game at final

5. I found an other video this time with cockpit cam

EDIT:
    Replay cam looks the same as F1 2010 and 2011

UPDATE :
    Official F1 2012 E3 trailer

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

7. its brilliant but what i want to see is better crashes in the game like this:

not this:
    and if you crash your out the race unless you restart it or use a flashback and add Red Flag in case something really bad happens Monaco comes to mind and more mechanical failures in the game anyway back to the video
    they all would have been out of the race from it and more head movement like lewis hamiltons crash in monza the head movement of that not like when u crash on f1 2011 also i would like a press meeting after the the race if your on the podium like they had in 2010
    i would love it if you can say things to your engineer like how long will my tyres last then he responds that would be so cool but kinda doubtful

8. glad to see the warning and invalidated laps when running off track...the way it should be!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Massive improvement on the sounds, that alone is worth something.

I think it looks pretty good for a Wip.

Cheers.

10. Aha, mhm, this is an 2012 mod + patch from CM for her F1 2011!

11. Great video. Anyone notice the "new" in-car camera angle slightly off to the side? Haven't seen that since EA Sports F12001 I think.

12. We still don't have authentic TV camera shots and an authentic FIA HUD. We've only had authentic TV cameras in our games since 1993 when Indycar Racing 1 came out, then again, that was a simulation and this is just a game.

13. Scott Tanner

Scott Tanner
    3vil - Steam

Interesting information. Painful to watch the driving though :)

14. Scott Tanner

Scott Tanner
    3vil - Steam

Yes this would be great but this would be a feature if this was a PC only game. Crash simulation doesn't happen on console based CPU architecture along side a nice looking game its one or the other GT5 and Forza are examples of this.This is the bane of our gaming experiences. Im sure they would love to simulate amazing crashes and break downs but they just wont in the time frame and on the hardware they are releasing these games on.

15. it's not just the consoles, it's the license issue that they have bog standard damage as well, but apparently they are going to improve damage modeling on this game ;)

16. yes true but they could always make a crash difficulty like if you want unrealistic crashes choose that if you want real crashes choose that

17. The license doesn't allow them to make appropriate damage!

18. Sad but true, and understandable.

19. Bye_Ya

Bye_Ya
    @ Simberia @Simberia

What is understandable about that? I've never understood that philosophy.

20. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

FOM doesn't want games to simulate a crash that'd certainly result in a drivers' death in real-life since that could cause further bad publicity in case something happens in real-life as well.

That's pretty much it. It's very rare that game studios are allowed to do just that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.