1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2012 The Game: Patch #7 & #8

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Tom, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

3. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

In 3 months they have build 326 out:)

4. *Fixed an issue where the track could become wet without any rain being visible.
    OMG thank the motorspot god, because Malaysia was a *beep BeeP* when that happened.

*Added an option to turn the Parc Ferme rules on or off in online Custom Race, Co-Op and LAN games*

^ NOw that should of been there to begin with, since its not a "sim" this is more of what it was missing,. great stuff, now I can change from oversteered Q set up to a less oversteer set up for a race :D.

I really wonder...would they keep updating after Brazil?

5. Does that mean i can switch off parc ferme rules in career mode :)? If thats it it would be awsome

6. I love the parc ferme rule, it's much more realistic and forces people to be far more strategic in their thinking. The good part of the fix is that enables the rule to be turned off for online setup testing purposes but I for one will always stick to using the parc ferme rule in races (both online and off).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wow this game has had more support in 3 weeks than their past 2 games in 2 years

• Like Like x 1
  8. It had more number of patches, but I think patches other years were addressing more issues. I guess steam just makes it easier to release fixes more often.

But to to really have more support they would have to either a) fix all issues or b) keep fixing stuff past December (when other years they said 'it is what it is').

Not complaining here, having more patches increases the chances or fixing the new errors that a patch may introduce. But the sheer number does not indicate better support. Good support is when the game works, regardless of the number of patches. The jury is still out on that one.

9. Scott Tanner

Scott Tanner
    3vil - Steam

"I guess steam just makes it easier to release fixes more often."

Thats the key right there. GFWL/Microsoft slow down patch releases because they have to check everything. GFWL is always a bad idea.
    The game is much better for getting rid of it.

10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I'm flabbergastted at the speed these patches are coming. It's a refreshing change to see this from Codies.

11. :cool: :cool: :cool:

12. Eric Jaeger

Eric Jaeger
    2012 GP2 Champion

I'm wondering when the hell I'm going to get all these patches for the xbox, wtf is taking microsoft soooo long :mad:

13. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

It's maybe not even MS - depends on when Codemasters submitted the console patches to Sony & MS. Once they're sent off to them it can take a few weeks, sadly. They're eing released quicker in most cases, tho.

14. guys I have one question: how do I get the patches with Steam? I just bought the game and I don't know how.

15. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

If you just downloaded the content from Steam it will automatically be the latest version. :) If not it will autoupdate when prompted

16. Hi guys,

Anyone knows that how can install the all patches (1 to8)? Steam did not install anything automatically. How can and where can install them manuelly?

17. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

You can't, they're being downloaded automatically if your game has been registered on Steam. If they don't try verifying the game cache.

Right-click on F1 2012 -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity

18. I can feel a patch #9
    F1 2012 just finished downloading 17 mb :roflmao:

19. Yup my steam just downloaded another "patch".