F1 2012 The Game: Patch #7 & #8
Today sees the availability of patch 8 through Steam, adding some new features and explaining a workaround for possible memory issues. No word about the widespread graphics issue (textures are showing lines when they’re not meant to show any structure) yet, so stay tuned for a fix regarding this issue in particular.
- Added an option to turn the Parc Ferme rules on or off in online Custom Race, Co-Op and LAN games. This option can be found within the Simulation Settings and defaults to on. Setting this to off will allow players to set up their cars in Qualifying sessions and will also allow players who join in progress during qualifying to edit their car setup before the race.
- Fixed an exploit in One Shot Qualifying where users could post impossibly quick lap times.
We’re continuing to investigate the issue of saves being shown as corrupt after being restored from the cloud. For now our advice would be to always choose to keep your local save if there is a mismatch.
The Error 41 issues that some users have been seeing broadly cover three issues.
Users with insufficient memory on their graphics cards. In this case we believe that running the game in safe mode should allow the game to be booted. From there the player should be able to change their graphics settings until they find some that work for their card and they’re happy with.
To launch in Safe Mode:In the Steam library right click F1 2012.
Click SET LAUNCH OPTIONS.
This will reduce the resolution to 800×600 and force all settings to Ultra Low or Low with MSAA off.
Users with old graphics card drivers, in particular for on board graphics chips. Unfortunately we cannot offer any help other than to advise getting the latest drivers for your hardware. This might involve replacing the laptop manufacturer’s driver with the chipset manufacturer’s driver.
Users with dual graphics card laptops. We can’t fix this issue directly but there should be some settings on your laptop which allow you to run the game on the specific gaming graphics card. It is also possible that you will also encounter the low memory issue above.
A few days ago patch #7 has been made available, containing the following additions and fixes:
• Added two new options for PC users to improve voice communications.
1. Added a Push To Talk option. This can be turned on in the Audio Options (My F1 -> Audio) and is bound to T by default. The key used can be edited in My F1 -> Driving Controls -> View / Customise Profile.
2. Added a Disable All Voice Comms option. This can be turned on in the Audio Options (My F1 -> Audio) and will disable all outgoing and incoming voice communication.
• Fixed an issue where the track could become wet without any rain being visible.
• Rebalanced engine wear so it will go below 99% during a season.
Due to the nature of console patches their release will follow shortly after the PC version since they require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony in advance.
For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.