F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Latest News & Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Japan, I start an Grand Prix under the rain ... big surprise, all cars start the race with yellow tyres. I am the only one to have choose wet tires.

And even with that, I have no grip while other cars yes ! WTF ?? :X

I found what while practicing laps at Barcelona I could not raise my 7th gear high enough to not bounce on the limiter by the middle of the straight, that's with the lowest wings possible. Bug :/

Why don't you try not using the lowest wing possible :p. Also was that with DRS and rich fuel? What about when not using drs and normal?

They could be trying to limit the top speed this year. In qualifying alot of cars often reach the limiter half way down the straight.

I never taught i would enjoy the game as much as I currently am after playing the DEMO. It's just awesome. I love it!!! (Finally after I managed to setup my momo racing wheel so I could drive the bloody things)!

Much better than 2011. Good Job Codemasters!

Well I'm gonna eat some humble pie. Currently downloading full PC game from Steam.

I'd said I wouldn't be getting F1 2012 as felt a little let down by F1 2010 (PC) so skipped F1 2011. Downloaded the F1 2012 (PC) demo on Steam and been having a play and found it to be rather good, for what the demo offered. Having a few niggles with steering with my G27 but hopeful to resolve these in full game, after reading other posts here at RD.

Might as well have a F1 game, seeing as I have various other PC driving/racing titles at my disposal, lol (iRacing, rF2, GSC2012, RRRE, PCARS).

Looking forward to running some laps.

:D

If you think the DEMO is good then you are in for a treat. Personally, I find the finished thing MUCH better than the demo. The game is pure joy with an xbox pad but I'm guessing you have a wheel which is obviously much better.

I think I just got the savegame bug.. :( Was in career through canada completed the race and next up was Valencia. Quit the game and when I came back it was Canada practice again. Quite annoying. I guess there's no way saving that profile again?

Does disabling the autosave from the start help, anyone know?

Also some strange stuff with weather in career, a bit too much wet races I'd say, including Bahrain, Valencia also. So far my ONLY dry races in the career were Aus & Spain.. Saw the same reported about weather in CM forums.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.