F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Latest News & Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
David Croft twitter:

"@CroftyF1 two hours of hard graft with the @Formula1game boys and girls done, lots more to go. Different voice over role this year hope you'll like it."

Hopefully it will be something good. And hopefully If he is going to be doing the "press" interviews, hopefully they will be updated and more engaging than the last two games.

Steve Hood@T4RG4
@Kahne5Hendrick Similar specs to last year. So if you can find those, you'll have your answer.

That might be relevant, seems that the required specs are going to be roughly the same for F1 2012, which is very good news for me as I can play it at a very good level of detail :p

Of course its gonna be 'roughly the same' specs as 2011, its an Xbox game port, so I imagine yet again the same Ego game engine is being 'tweaked' on hardware dating back to 2005 and then cheaply ported to PC. From a PC gamer point of view, needing similar specs to last years game isnt really good news if you consider the reasons why IMO.

Of course its gonna be 'roughly the same' specs as 2011, its an Xbox game port, so I imagine yet again the same Ego game engine is being 'tweaked' on hardware dating back to 2005 and then cheaply ported to PC. From a PC gamer point of view, needing similar specs to last years game isnt really good news if you consider the reasons why IMO.

Well Graphics isn't that important for an F1 game, the gameplay is.

So for me if the graphics are the same quality as last year, it will be fine.

Well Graphics isn't that important for an F1 game, the gameplay is.

So for me if the graphics are the same quality as last year, it will be fine.

Well, you were the one that mentioned graphics, not gameplay! :D
Yes of course gameplay is important, but visuals, or should I say improvements over the previous games visuals are always welcome when someone is churning out a yearly release.

I've unofficially heard that the bug level will be roughly the same as 2011 too.

Interesting tweets from Steve.

34xia0g.jpg

wlu0ed.jpg

T4RG4 stated on the Codemasters F1 forum when asked about 2012 will be Arcade or Sim

T4RG4
The plan is certainly to make '12 feel more realistic. More involving might be a better description as most have not driven an F1 car :)
Nevertheless, we've always had the intention of better simulating the race experience whereas many so called simulators, IMO, focus on the 'single lap experience'. I want race craft, tactics and strategy to become apparent to more people. We're definitely not Arcade.​

Can he back up that claim that so called simulators only focus on the single lap experience?
It's just PR. And for the purpose of PR, backing up claims is completely secondary :p

However, I agree with him on the "We're definitely not Arcade" thing. Perhaps it was Arcade when people were abusing the 11/11 bug in conjunction with driving aids, but as of now, the game is actually a fairly decent simulation (if it doesn't bug out in some odd way).

I'm a little bit skeptical about the "best bits of '10 and '11 mixed" though. Was the F1 2010 handling better than '11 in any way at all?

I've unofficially heard that the bug level will be roughly the same as 2011 too.
How is anyone supposed to know how many bugs there will be in the game - now? Do you think Codemasters plans to purposefully put them in there? ;)

I was just about to post this link. Incredible how much nonsense this guy can tell each year because of marketing reasons. But now he really is stating wrong facts in this interview that are quite upsetting.

We always felt that most racing developers shy away from that, there's almost this unwritten rule amongst all developers that [whispers] "Yeah, we won't do wet weather. If you won't do it, we're not going to do it!" So we just thought, let's do this. Let's get weather working in the game, which would be awesome, and have it dynamic so it can change during the race.

Not sure what racing games he has been playing the last years but the games I play have great weather effects since 2006!!! Not to mention Grand Prix the Game that had awesome weather in 1859 already. He is really stating stuff like facts while they are absolutely not true. It are definitely not "most" developers for sure. I think he speaking for CM in this case.

Every year we hear the same stuff before release date and every year people believe whats being told to them (and then massively complain afterwards). If you read the interview twice you see that nothing is actually said or unveiled. Only that 2010 and 2011 were far from perfect. Really? How come they get 9.5's in every mainstream website review each year then?

That the tyres and suspension were off in last years game we all could see from the first time you race a car on the track. Took them 8 months to find this out and acknowledge it? They didnt even have a physics developer for the game? I mean, its a game about Formula 1`. The pinnacle of motorsports and you just script some stuff by some nutty programmer that has no clue about motorsport or physics and then back it up by an ex-formula 1 driver saying its the most realistic thing ever made.

Please save us from the bs this year. Just sell the game without empty promises as its good fun to drive by it self. Don't sell if for something that it clearly isn't as that only upsets your customers in the end and at some point it will backfire on Codemasters which I really hope doesn't happen. They have made various cool racing games in the past that were really enjoyable without all the marketing nonsense. Please learn from the last two years and study what gave your studios a good name in he past.

Bram you and me both, i don't like this guy and nor do i like CM , i cannot called them a true racing game company :)

also to top it of, you'll going to feel the same as me....

2e58g3s.jpg

THIS IS HOW WE BOTH FEEL BRAM....AM I RIGHT?
facepalm.jpg

**edit**

my bad i see this has been posted already, but still the same :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.