Codemasters Racing and RaceNet Announced
With the recent failed attempts to create successful action games, Codemasters has revealed that it will focus on racing titles from now on, as F1 creative director Steve Hood of CM explains:
Codemasters is a big company, but we’re not a giant. We’re still a developer that’s very British in its outlook and development processes and we’re making the most of what’s available to us,” said Hood. “It doesn’t make any sense to spread ourselves thinly across loads of different genres when it’s very important to recruit specialists for each particular game anyway. You can’t just find loads of people to do FPSs and RPGs, action titles and racing games, that just very hard to recruit for.
Codemasters’ latest game, DiRT Showdown, due out on May 25, will be released under the new publisher name of “Codemasters Racing”.
With this new focus on racing titles, CM has put their resources into its recently announced, “online racing hub called RaceNet.”
It’ll bring together a huge amount of information for players, giving them a one-stop hub for all things racing while offering Codies a new opportunity to engage with its fan base.
RaceNet is the new service from Codemasters that allows you to track your Codemasters Racing career through all RaceNet enabled titles.
By joining up you’ll be able to take part in community events, compare your stats with friends, check out your progress and be kept up to date with all the latest Codemasters Racing news.
CM plans to use this system for all of its future racing games, including the already announced F1 2012.
Features available May 1:
- RaceNet sign up and RaceNet account creation.
- Link RaceNet account to a PSN, Xbox Live or STEAM ID.
- Contribute and track progress towards community challenges.
- Gain access to RaceNet community through forums.
- Unique ‘Founder Status’ RaceNet Award and a RaceNet XP boost for anyone signing up during the demo.
- All Codemasters Racing games that are RaceNet enabled will be automatically connected in future.
Features from May 25:
- Weekly RaceNet Events for DiRT Showdown.
- Regular general community events.
- Add other RaceNet users as Friends and import your Friends from PSN / XBL / Steam
- Link your Facebook and Twitter accounts to your Race Profile
- View Driver Profile page and track your progress across all RaceNet enabled games in one place.
- View your Showdown career progress on RaceNet and compare and share your progress with others.
- Link your YouTube account to view uploaded YouTube movies from Showdown on Racenet.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.