Misc F1 2012 Realism mod

• Thread starter Deleted member 137812
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 137812

you guys are right about singapore, it shows no pitstops at all. im going to fix this now.
valencia does show a pitstop strategy but i will try if the cars pit too late and if they crash

EDIT: It shows 4 pitstops now in singapore, should be 3 right?

EDIT: You can check out what game version you have in f1 2012> rightmouse button > properties > details > file version

My version is 1.3.3.0

in the track model tab, under tyre wear rate, if 1 is hard wear 2 medium and 3 light, what would happen if you make 1 stoppers in real life (like monaco and texas and india) have only 3 for tyre wear? Would this mean less stops on these tracks?

• Deleted member 137812

in the track model tab, under tyre wear rate, if 1 is hard wear 2 medium and 3 light, what would happen if you make 1 stoppers in real life (like monaco and texas and india) have only 3 for tyre wear? Would this mean less stops on these tracks?
I tried this, but the database does the opposite of what you want to do. So it isnt possible to give monaco and other less pitstops.

here is my explanation :

The wear is the same on every track, because track_tyre_wear_level is on 0. This system works the opposite of what you want to do, I cant really explain how it works but I will try.

in the track_model tab you choose the track wear 1, 2 or 3. You can the set value of these numbers in track_tyre_wear_level. BUT, when I set high wear for a track like Bahrain and low wear for a track like Austin, the wear is correct but the pit stop strategy is the opposite of what its supposed to be. So 1 stop = 3 stop and 3 stop = 1 stop.

By this stupid idea CM doesnt allow you to set tyre wear for a track, so tyre wear is the same on each track.
Pirelli made different tyres for each track, CM didnt.

• Deleted member 137812

I can confirm there is a problem at Singapore. The tyre wear doesnt work like its supposed to do there. Maybe i need to make the super softs last a little longer.

my version too is 1.3.3.0 but there still is that problem like in video i uploaded. If I usr ROBERTo COSTA new ai its working well but with yours are problems why is that!?

• Deleted member 137812

I have no idea tbh since my game doesnt have this.
I got the cars remaining on the track sort out so they retire.
Next thing to do is fix the singapore pitstops? this is so weird cars just dont pit at all here.

This is so hard to fix, im trying to make super softs 0.2 distance last longer and softs 0.1 distance. I hope this doesnt mess up other tracks

• Deleted member 137812

Yes this will work with Remy and Roberto's SC mod.
I hope they allow me to implement the final version in the realism mod. ;)

v1.8 will be online tonight. with a tyre wear fix and a fix on remaining retired cars on the track

I just finished a 100% race on Brazil, with your 100% mod, and without using any flashbacks.

29ygoc7.jpg

ve3neh.jpg

It was a fairly boring race, except for the last 10 laps or so when Lewis started catching up. Just a couple more laps and I am sure he would have won. I am pretty sure most cars made two stops, although I know that Rosberg made three, but I believe that was because of damage to his car. He was in third position for a lot of the race.

Clearly, I am not having these problems that other people are, but I'm not sure why, unless you've figured it out already.

• Deleted member 137812

Looks good jake, its new for me that a race with my mod has no retirements. :p Nice one!

Looks good jake, its new for me that a race with my mod has no retirements. :p Nice one!
The fact that no one retired surprised me as well. Anyway, I might do another 100% race today. If I do, I'll do it with qualifying this time, so that the grid positions are accurate to your mod. I'm not sure which track to do it on. If you would like me to test one, just let me know.

Edit: I also have the safety car mod installed, but instead of replacing the database, I just copied the safety car values from the safety car database into yours.

• Deleted member 137812

The fact that no one retired surprised me as well. Anyway, I might do another 100% race today. If I do, I'll do it with qualifying this time, so that the grid positions are accurate to your mod. I'm not sure which track to do it on. If you would like me to test one, just let me know.

Edit: I also have the safety car mod installed, but instead of replacing the database, I just copied the safety car values from the safety car database into yours.
I would say Singapore, but that track is very hard to keep it clean.
Just do a track you like it's all the same anyway =P

• Deleted member 137812

in about 15 minutes it is, need to test the current tyre wear. But I fixed the AI's ass kissing driving xD

• Deleted member 6919

So just to confirm this mod is no good for career mode?

• Deleted member 137812

So just to confirm this mod is no good for career mode?
I haven't tested that yet, can anyone confirm this?
I believe the tyre wear doesnt work in career mode, but im not sure of that.
The rest of the mod does work

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea