F1 2012 F1 2012 Demo

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I downloaded this at lunchtime while i was home. It took 20 minutes total to download.

I had a quick go of it with my MS wheel. I only had time to do the first 2 parts of the driver test; drive straight, and go through the hairpin. I have no opinion on the handling as the setup was defaulted to something unknown. It looked good and sounded good. The sputtering in 1st gear at the start is weird, but i think you just need to keep your revs up to avoid it. Will play more later this evening when the wife's out :)

Guys! What's wrong? I can't Download the demo on the 360. I'm in Greece, perhaps that is the reason?!

I search it, click "F1 2012 demo", and it doesn't give you the option to DL!
Please help.

One honest question: what is exactly the difference compared to F1 2011? Looks completely the same when I view the videos.

Less grip in the slower corners and the car under braking seems twitchier (from my quick gameplay on a pad ). Also meant to have more grip in high speed and be able to take corners like blanchimont and 130R with DRS open (although I could do that in 2011 anyway but other couldnt). Other than that its more to do with features like perc ferme, new pen system etc.

Honestly I wouldn't look too much into the videos of the demo since there isn't any fuel or tyre sim on.

Car is twitchy, steering is unrealistic in fact I can see more accidents in this game online especially... as a little correction can send you half way across the track. Everytime you hit the kitty litter you end up facing the wrong way too. So far I still prefer the drive factor of F1 2011. But it is a demo after all.

I can't believe how many people think this is unrealistic steering.. Haven't tried it yet, but if F1 2012 has unrealistic steering then F1 2011 has nothing to do with driving. o.O Of course a little twitch to the will can make big things, especially with high speeds and tons of downforce. What'd you expect?

Well let just say the steering is still unrealistic then. But in the demo once you turn more than 90 degrees you loose all feeling in the wheel that's not right. Maybe be I still need to tweak my wheel settings.
Kristian you should try it first before giving your opinion otherwise you don't have one.

my concern wasn't too much with steering but...brakes.
i have to brake before the 200 m marker at first turn at monza.
i've tried different brake saturation etc but just not happening. the ai brake later and deeper. i've also tried the different brake bias and no use.

downloading pc version tomorrow to compare (xbox currently). looks good etc etc and know it's a demo, but surely the handling won't change by the real game or else...what's the point in the demo?

Well let just say the steering is still unrealistic then. But in the demo once you turn more than 90 degrees you loose all feeling in the wheel that's not right. Maybe be I still need to tweak my wheel settings.
Kristian you should try it first before giving your opinion otherwise you don't have one.

Well, some things are visible from the videos. Yes, I'm not sure yet, but it definitely looks better than 2011. Too bad Steam is in USA so I'll get it after a lot more time, but maybe putting down the steering sensitivity would do the trick?

How is the Force Feedback? It was terrible in 2011, I didn't even use it. It was actually getting me to lose feel of the car, not gain any. Is it better? Do KERBS activate FFB?

I think the game is now actually decent to be honest... Still not a simulation, but pretty darn good !
Using the MS Wheel on XBox

Steering: Linearity to 25% and all twitchiness gone, steering is fairly precise and you can feel the tyres losing the traction if you turn too much, FFB still not quite good enough but sufficent...

Brakes: Tricky part... I put the brake bias to the rear and it's a lot better, I can brake at least as late as A.I. with proper downshifts, but it's tough to feel anything... Especially with the crappy pedals !

A.I.: Fairly good, they defend, leave space and attempt overtakes now. Still a bit too slow, at Monza anyway (I was 1 second faster with the Williams in qualy without a perfect lap and over 1.5/2 seconds faster in the race...)

Graphics: Not really important for me, good enough although I would have liked actual working mirrors ! FOV seems better than last game aswell. (Lower)

All in all, pretty good, still not perfect but pretty good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back