1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2012 Demo

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Justin Swan, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Looks like we are getting a 1st from Codemaster! A demo of an F1 game 1 week prior to its release :)
    I'm glad to hear that because I want to make sure my PC can handle it before I buy it.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

3. Petar Tasev

Petar Tasev

Nice, I can see what needs updating for the modding programs before the game is released.

I mean, I get to check out what the gameplay and handling is like :D
    • Like Like x 8
  4. Great to hear Ryder!
  5. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

4 weeks until the demo,
    5 weeks until the game release :D
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I can't wait! I want to be a bear and go to sleep for 5 weeks :D
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

I want to spend my money and pre-order it on Steam. :p
  8. I'd rather they just released a beta now and let us do the testing, go back to sleep, then wake up to a well lubricated game.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I preordered before I heated that there was a demo I just hope it is good
  10. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

If only Steam would offer the pre-order already. :(
  11. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

They will, once they have worked out how much to over-charge you .... ;)
  12. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Steam is still better than most shops (FNAC, GAME etc.) over here. Most games (360, PS3) are around 70€. It's pretty insane, especially because play.com and the likes are way cheaper and don't even charge P&P. ;)
  13. And I still think that I'm in the best position. In Poland I can buy a PC version for suggested price that's around 30€ (in some shops it should be even cheaper - maybe 25€) :)
  14. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Problem is, it'll (F1 2012) take 3-4 days to arrive. 20th/21st/22nd is my weekend (odd shifts), so I want to play. So I have a choice of not playing at all, playing the demo or paying more.

First world sim racer problems.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Demo is available on 360 now.

Downloading but not sure I'll have time to play it before I have to leave for work...
  16. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Forgot to turn on my 360 before I left for work. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

How do you like it so far?
  17. I'm actually really enjoying it!

Sound is incredible love the gameplay, car is very understeer sided but i'm not too bothered as its the pre-set setups. Steering sensitivity is very reckless but easily counter-acted if you change the advanced settings (provided you are using a steering wheel).

Can't be done with people automatically hating the game because of one slight fault which is not representative of the final product and the fact they have no patience. Nothing is perfect.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Hope to see the PC demo tommorow and also the files i need to go on with modding.

19. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

It's due out on the 14th for the PC last time I checked :)

20. Here you go:

• Like Like x 1