F1 2010 F1 2010 Tyre Deformation

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
A video showing how tyres react when punctured has been shown at the end of Gamescon.

The puncture was caused by contact with the wall, and it's easy to see the deformation that happens to the tyre as it heads back to get a new set of boots.

F1 2010 has been confirmed to be released September 24 for PC, XBox and PS3

its a great idea, but the tire moves very unconsistently? One section its correct, then the next its wrong, going outside the rim instead of inside? Simple stuff this, does NOT inspire confidence in the product at all. That said, everything else looks great and its well modelled..........

I agree the physics on this tyre don't seem too real but it is another nice feature to add to the game, we will have to wait and see how it looks on our own screens before making judgements.

Jamie, when it will look different in the released game, why not, but I think we can say that this doesnt look good and we can make judgments if it is about the current look :) i dont agree either with condemn something what isnt released yet though... but not if we have pictures and we can talk about them

btw G-force is ok I thing

Ok it might not be perfect, and yes im sceptical about this title. But let's be honust... it's a step up from the annoying and even more unrealistic "suspension damage" from the Simbin series & Rfactor after contact with a wall.

Senad Subasic;592046 said:
Hubert, the forces are okay. The car and the flat tire want to go straight on in corners, the normal tyre is doing the opposite.

nope if a downforced car like this one steers in to the right with such a tyre ON the right, there's still some downforce left. The right tyre unable to cope with the grip should give the car understeer, whils the tyre itself peels off the rim off the forces. Here, it goes to the inner part of the rim instead of the outer part, totally vice versa...

Hubert Smolders;592888 said:
nope if a downforced car like this one steers in to the right with such a tyre ON the right, there's still some downforce left. The right tyre unable to cope with the grip should give the car understeer, whils the tyre itself peels off the rim off the forces. Here, it goes to the inner part of the rim instead of the outer part, totally vice versa...

But the tire is flat, there is no grip? There is practically no connection of the surface of the tire with the rim.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.