1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2010 Tyre Deformation

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Tim Ling, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

A video showing how tyres react when punctured has been shown at the end of Gamescon.

The puncture was caused by contact with the wall, and it's easy to see the deformation that happens to the tyre as it heads back to get a new set of boots.

F1 2010 has been confirmed to be released September 24 for PC, XBox and PS3

2. I dont like it, looks horible. Right idea but wrong execution.
  3. it's done wrong totally, the gforces should send it the other way around when it corners. It looks weird, forced,...
  4. its a great idea, but the tire moves very unconsistently? One section its correct, then the next its wrong, going outside the rim instead of inside? Simple stuff this, does NOT inspire confidence in the product at all. That said, everything else looks great and its well modelled..........
  5. I rarely watch F1, maybe I'm missing something, but it looks okay to me. At what point is it going wrong?
  6. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Tyre looks like a gelly, very weird:eek:
  7. eh, I dont like it either...
  8. I agree the physics on this tyre don't seem too real but it is another nice feature to add to the game, we will have to wait and see how it looks on our own screens before making judgements.
  9. Hubert, the forces are okay. The car and the flat tire want to go straight on in corners, the normal tyre is doing the opposite.
  10. Jamie, when it will look different in the released game, why not, but I think we can say that this doesnt look good and we can make judgments if it is about the current look :) i dont agree either with condemn something what isnt released yet though... but not if we have pictures and we can talk about them

btw G-force is ok I thing
  11. Ok it might not be perfect, and yes im sceptical about this title. But let's be honust... it's a step up from the annoying and even more unrealistic "suspension damage" from the Simbin series & Rfactor after contact with a wall.
  12. Unrealistic? I thoughts so too before, but since I started watching V8 supercars broadcasts, I realized how fragile those things really are. It's pretty spot on IMHO :)
  13. The rev counter gets up to 170 (kph or mph) in 7th, does seem to affect performance much....would of been better NOT to implement this than make a hash of it and cast doubt on the rest of the content.....
  14. Ive never seen a real tire behaving like this (but its true to g forces are modeled correctly)
    I gues a tire may act like this for a few seconds before its shredded to peaces after having a puncture.
  15. Its not perfect but I think its a step forward from what we have at the moment with say rFactor or RACE 07. Surely that's what counts.
  16. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

That tyre is acting as if it is filled with jelly rather than air. If it was a slow puncture, the tyre wouldn't move like that. And if it had completely burst, it wouldn't look as "full"
  17. Developed by Anthony Davidson! :D
    I'm pretty sure the graphics will be the best thing about this game, the rest is arcade.
  18. nope if a downforced car like this one steers in to the right with such a tyre ON the right, there's still some downforce left. The right tyre unable to cope with the grip should give the car understeer, whils the tyre itself peels off the rim off the forces. Here, it goes to the inner part of the rim instead of the outer part, totally vice versa...
  19. But the tire is flat, there is no grip? There is practically no connection of the surface of the tire with the rim.
  20. there is always connection, even with a flat, it's rubber on a car that can ride upside down in tunnels, if a driver would ever dare...
    But no worries, please. Just tried to engineer you a bit, clearly i failed. :)