rF2 F1 1993 @ Österreichring - Sun May 30th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
argh......nice night guys was really fun!!!

race 1: 3rd and i was happy enough.....had some problems at the start because i got some graphics lag (i forget to put my vga in 3D mode with the maximum clock speed) so i went wide, but the rest of the race was a pleasure

race 2: started from the back, and was able to arrive in the 2nd place.....i had also a nice gap, but the bloody chicane hit me at 2 laps to the end and so i finished 5th...... :( a bit disappointed for that, but races are also that!!! ;)

thank you all again for the fun, nice and fair fights....thx RD and the admins!!! cu the next race!! ;)

Good racing tonight guys.

As always with this mod. The first laps you drive on a circuit are horrible. But when the night is over you always leave with a big smile. :D

Race 1:

Had a very bad start. My throttle was 0% or 100% there was no middle. So didnt came off the line properly.
After some laps i was 5th with following Martin for the rest of the race. Came across Toby at the end and took 4th. Then the last laps with Martin where awesome. He made a mistake and i could get in his slipstream. Manage to overtake him and we let eachother alive. Then i made a little oversteer mistake in the second to last corner and he overtook me again. In the last lap i couldnt get in his slipstream so ended 5th.

Race 2:

Had a better start. Was 4th after a couple laps but Mattia was running less downforce so he overtook me.
The i came across to 3 guys in front of me in T1. Wich was quite fun to see if i am honest. Could overtake Nicholas but he got me back again.
In the last laps we across Mattia who spun in T1. In the last lap i had again a good run on the Nicholas. Almost overtook him in the last corner but backed out so i could maybe get his slipstream on the straight. But got some dirty air wich created oversteer so i clipped the wall abit. So got 4th. :)

Thanks for great racing and cya next week. :)

Fun race this night:)

Race1 start from back and in T1 chicane :) front me few of smoke but across with no damage, no big thing until about middle of the race Im in relax my time control say that behind me the car is a 20sec. so I drive without problems(no look the mirrors ) but suddenly Adam overtook me so I lost my 7th position,think that the telemetry from my box is wrong this time ahahahaha

Race2 I dont know how but Im in 6th position along the race behind me Martin and Adam this time Im seriously worried :), I survived think 2 or 3 laps with big pressure over me ,I could not escape along the straights, may be more downforce .Finish this race again in 8th position.

Well Done all guys nice night . Thanks Ivo and RD

C U on track

Had a very pleasent debut here at RD!

Heat 1:
For quali I decided to be cool rather than to prove something as this was my first race here! So I went with medium tires and keept a medium pace during my quali-lap:rolleyes: Got 4th spot, and was able to emerge as leader after the 'mandatory T1 pileup':tongue:, keept Koek at bay for a few laps then he passed me with superior speed. After that I was in no-mans land trying to push to get closer to Koek but the gap stayed at about 5sec and my lead over 3rd place was increased to something about 10sec. Getting 2nd place in my first race at RD felt nice, however I knew there was a second heat so I tried to stay rather cool about it!:redface:

Heat2:
This time I thought I'd give it a bit of a go during quali and went out with softs and some lower wings and was able to get 2nd on the grid. First Few laps I tried to pass Cole who had pole, this made me drop back as I had to lift off many times and Davis passed me after I made a mistake in the brakingzone of the last corner. I was now in third, later Davis passed Cole for first and I was catching up on Cole. But at the same time Gottardi catched me! I was now in a sandwich, at the same time I was trying to pass I also had to defend, this was great fun! Then the inevitable happend between us three in T1 as I was chasing Gottardi he hit the kerb to high into the chicane and I was unable to swerve hitting him and he spun at the same time Cole passed me in the chicane but hit Gottardi as he was spinning. I recovered but Gottardi hade the faster moves and kept his 2nd place I was still in 3rd while Cole dropped to 5th as Simons sweept by! Now back in 3rd I realised that the only way of me gaining a position was for the leaders to make a mistake as I wasnt able to match their speed! Driving around and hoping for a spin by someone eventully paid off as Gottardi spun in T1:wink: and I was close enough to snatch second and keeping it that way to the end.

So 2nd place in both races wasnt to shabby at all in my mind! Thanks for the race all see you on the track next time!:)

Had a good night.

Quali 1: Took it easy as I saw most people had made a mistake and managed to get 6th.

Race 1: Made a great start and was up to 4th and braked early for turn 1, only to realise the guys in front broke even earlier. I swerved to the inside and across the curb to avoid hitting them which resulted in me spinning. Managed to rejoin the track with only a slight bit of damage to the front of the car. Later on in the lap I understeered off and was down to 12th at the end of lap 1. Had a good battle with Daniel for a couple of laps and slowly picked my way past cars that made mistakes and found myself in 8th and hunting down Valerio. Took a number of laps to catch him and eventually got past around turn 4 to finish in 7th.

Quali 2: Pushed a bit harder as I felt more comfortable in the car and put it in 6th again.

Race 2: Started on the wrong side of the grid for some reason and off the line got held up by Ivo. Got around the chicane fine and was in 8th. Squeezed down the inside of Mattia at turn 6 as 2 other cars went off in front but Mattia got past at the final turn. A few laps in and I spun at turn 4 which allowed Valerio through. As I was chasing Valerio, Martin was catching me and got past when I made a mistake at the end of the lap, only for me to get him back into turn 1. The next lap he did the exact same to me to take back the spot. He made a mistake later on in the lap which allowed me past but he repeated the move again into turn 1 but I cut back and on the exit of turn 2 we touched and I had to ride over the curbs. Then we both caught of with Valerio and Martin was able to get past before making another mistake and dropping back behind us both. I got the run on Valerio out of the chicane and got past down the inside of turn 4 with Martin also getting past and then sliding past me. He was starting to open up a gap but the gap seemed to stabilise at about 4 seconds and a further 4 seconds back to Valerio. Then Martin makes a mistake in the chicane and I close up but still a couple of seconds behind and on the next lap he made another mistake and I got through. Managed to hold him off for the remaining 2 laps to finish in 6th. Was certainly a brilliant race, and a great battle.

Thanks to RD, Ivo, and all the guys I battled with. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back