1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 1993 @ Österreichring - Sun May 30th 2010

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ivo Simons, May 23, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Mod: Formula 1 1993 V1.2
    Track: Österreichring
    Event start: 19.00 GMT
    Practice: 20 Minutes
    Qualification: 10 Minutes Superpole (Escape after you did your timed lap, otherwise you get a DQ)
    Warmup: 5 Minutes
    Race: 2x20min

Traction Control: Low allowed
    Damage Multiplier: 30 %

1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

3: Technical info

1: Optimum fuel economy.
    10: 14% more power but 28% more fuel consumption

Always run more front wing than back wing. The difference must be at least 5 clicks.

Default is 2 which is too low. Run at 4 at least.

Rev limit
    The rev limit for these cars is 15000. But never use that in the race. Maximum you can use without blowing your engine is 14800 and you need to use even lower if you are a hard downshifter.
  2. Entry List

1: Ivo Simons
    2: Toby Davis
    3: Mattia Gottardi
    4: Magnus Dahlgren
    5: Robert Woodward
    6: Nicholas Cole
    7: Martin Bulgin
    8: Daniel Plaikner
    9: Adam Eggbeer
    10: Valerio Vinassa
    11: Stefan Beemsterboer
    12: Ferry Koek
  3. Sign me up sign me up sign me up :)
  4. ok i think that i can do it!!!! :D

sign me up thx!!! :D
  5. I love this track:

6. really a nice fight m8!! ;)
  7. Thanks for the vid Toby. :)
  8. No problem :) I'm trying to get my sparring partner in that vid, Chris Butcher, to join this group of club events. :)
    Just by the way, I really only posted that vid to bump the thread a little, it's a shame when nobody signs up to this 1993 mod, it's such a great mod!
  9. Magnus Dahlgren

Magnus Dahlgren
    Premium Member

Count me in please for this one!! Yay old school F1's!:) And it'll be my first race here too, so its gonna be interesting to see how I stack up against you guys!:redface:
  10. I'll post a lap tomorrow (without a time Ivo) just to show you what a lap of Osterreichring feels like in the 1993 cars. It should be interesting anyway - one thing I will say without having driven it in a 93 is that the kerbs WILL kill you at the first chicane.
  11. ahhaha kerbs killer for the win!!!! :D
  12. sign me up please, i cant get away from driving these 93' f1s atleast once every time i go on rfactor :D
  13. I'm up for this, always seemed like a great track, add 1993 cars and you have yourself a good race ;)
  14. A note about setup.
    High ride heights, soft suspensions and plenty of front downforce are a must for this track. Also, high value for engine braking (5ish) and low brake pressure (85%ish) will help when trying to brake and turn into those fast corners. One last thing, I'm almost running Monza downforce levels on this track... About 10-4 would be about right I think in qualy trim, perhaps a touch more front wing with that fuel level onboard (12-4). Don't forget about weight distribution as well, needs to be all at the front. Otherwise you get horrible understeer over the bumps.
    I think too many of you were running low camber settings last time out - you can get away with 3.5-2.5 front to rear and that would be about right. Don't be afraid to decrease the tyre pressures, too. However, these settings rely on you being easy on the tyres... :D Anyone with a gamepad WILL lunch the fronts.

OH, and turning auto clutch OFF with this mod (v1.2) will save you some time in downshift and upshifts, because there is a delay if you have it on. Just don't spin! :) And don't downshift too fast, it's a common mistake - the 1993 cars like to be downshifted slowly, ie, only half way up the rev counter per downshift will be fine.
  15. Some good advice there Tubs :good:
  16. Cheers mate,
    Are you not racing? :)
  17. thx Toby....will try those tips sunday!!! thx again!!! ;)
  18. I`m in, never raced here before, was that the track in your vid Toby ?
  19. Yeh, although obviously, we were dicking about in a different mod (WCP 1997) so there is no way you can apply any of those braking zones or gearing or whatever to the '93s. :)
  20. Yeah you do. Everybody raced A1 ring. :D