rF2 F1 1992 @ Watkins Glen - Sunday 9th October 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The difference being that one is more geared to a sim market, and will be extensively tested for bugs. The other one is made for a wider audience (although driving with no aids on this is quite challenging, more so than on F1 92) and, due to a fixed release date from the licensing agreement, there is little testing done and therefore it is riddled with bugs.
I'm not sticking up for CM or ISI, I'm just telling it how it is. Haven't tried that 11/11 spring cheat yet...

F1 2011 is about as bad as F1 2010. What a waste of time. I sure hope rFactor 2 is good.
Not wrong there Scott. I wasted money on it cos I like the time trial thing. As usual it's completely flawed. Melbourne - most people in the mid 1:20's. Two guys leading with times of 23 seconds a minute quicker than the rest. You can also download other people's laps and ghost race them. I did it with the fastest guy in Spain. He spun off into the gravel half way round and although I crossed the line more than 30 seconds in front, his time was 10 seconds faster than me. Total waste if time.

Race 1. I got halfway through this one before I had a quick screen freeze as exiting a corner and I overreacted and the back spun out , hit the wall and car lost a tire.

Race 2. Learned another lesson the hard way. Blew the engine while reving during race start,,, overheated and killed the engine as I was accelerating.

Cheers to all who came here today and thanks to Lee for your efforts.

First of all ,i want to say sorry for Sr Chas and Sr Ben. I will watch my replay to understand what i did , but i think or i braked to later or was chas brake a little more, as we was at full speed more or less 330km/h Sr CHas tryed to brake a little more soon than his brake point , and wtih my brake point close of my limit i hited Sr Chas.I stoped my car ,but when Sr Chas spun ,(my fault) he hited the rear tires on the wall and got damaged.
Than Sr Ben came, and we started to fight for 1th position, my car wasnt so good , but i learned new tricks how to make myself drive a little more fast, but in sometime my car lose the control more or less in 0,200ms than i only thing i can was avoid a crash.
i tryed to pass Sr Ben ,than when you get off the perfect line ,you can lose the car more easily than fall in ice floor.(well was my case).Then i passed the Ben ,both us losted speed, but when i tryed to gain speed, my car jumped ,and when i tryedto not hit on ben ,was really too late.The worst thing he hited the wall and got his suspention damaged.
Normaly i am a lot more cautionless.
But was a big diference of my style and other races ,( i am not better for this).
But as Senna dsaid , we driver wtih other peaple with diferent style and diferent skill ,and we must to understand the risks.(when we are fighting for positions,you can make mistakes or ourself can make mistakes.)
But the true is, i am not Senna, even himself did a lot mistakes, its pretty normal i make the same mistakes.
The worst thing my crashs happened when i tryed to not pass.When i passed Sr Ben , i just gaveup the position ,,and tryed to accelerate the car ,and i did half gas , but my car got a bump and my car spun to right side, the worst thing Sr Ben was on my right side.Not my fault not in this case.If you think i did , everybody did the same mistake, becouse everybody changed the perfect line .And this is needed to pass.
I am really sad, i tryed to gave my position to Sr Chas and Sr Ben, but as was impossible to then race with a damaged car , i just tryed to run as fast i could.
On my 2th race, was perfect , i got pole, and ran like Senna at monaco ,when he crashed himself, .I pushed the limit of my car almost 100% in 97% of the race.
I did 1,17,070 ,but i puted the same fuel (56L) but i was so fast , i had to slowdown ,to have enough fuel.

Really sorry Sr Chas and Sr Ben,i said this race was dificult,Sr Chas only pass me becouse he got my draft ,and my full speed was 330km/h normaly at max 314km/h. and i race the 1th race with caution, but secound race with all i got.
Sorry guys , i knohw what you feel ,remember of france race ,when kyle crash me on first turn ?i will watch better your brake point to not make the same mistake.
Sr Chas ,you drived awesome .
Bye.

Well,from my point of view,i was waaaaay quicker in a straight line. You where able to take a few tengths out me through the twisty bits but other than that? I think i had you covered.
The damage i picked up was from the contact with you Mohan,not the fence. You were the car behind,i may have braked a little earlier than normal as my entry wasn't right. It's up to the car behind to be aware of what 'may' happen when you run so close. You can't expect anyone to brake where you brake for a corner. I even told you earlier today online, ''if you want to pass me,get me on the brakes as i'm not a late braker''
All said and done...pretty disapointed with the outcome from race 1.
Race 2 was going well in P2 untill on lap 3 or 4 i lost the rear exiting the second but last corner and trashed the car. DNF
That's racing ;-)
Thanks to all that showed up tonight. Numbers where very low in race 2.....only 5!
RD- can we have the next track posted sooner? Posting it late wednesday is putting people off in my opinion.

I agree totaly with you Sr Chas, the mistake was totaly mine, (i think) .I dont have any good words to explain how i feel, but like you said, tha´s racing.The big mistake was even from start i ran not with all i could.Not becouse you was on my front , but i was disconcetrated.My reaction time was bad when i wanted to brake ,this can really happend when you have someone more fast than you,(you know thas hardto know what is your brake point,On Amercan Road ,your brake point was a little more far than me.Sometimes you your brake points was a lot better than mine.The worst thing i even tryed to pass you.I think this was the problem .I wasnt apying atention enough ,just runnig to not crash .
You saw what i am capable to do when i want to race sirius. ,even you being alot more fast than me, i got space enough to not let you pass me again.
i only raced with all i had ,becouse i dont wanted another fight for position.So i decied to get away from you fast.
but ,this is race, america road ,we hited us, yu hited me on the race i got a little damaged,you too got damaged,this is the key for makes us better.Really sorry , i am like prost in this cases, i prefer to giveup my position or maintain the position .When i want to pass i normaly pass very clear , but my crashs happens when i just want to drive the car.Next race i will try to race better ,and more fast,and more smart too.
Once again sorry ,was all my fault ,and i must to learn this lesson , my brake point is more deep in to the turn.
But i am very happy for you Sr Chas, you are drive awesome every race.You are making me better ,as a drive and as a human.
Thank you.

Firstly im such a plum!!! Keep forgetting theres a second race lol.

Anyway really enjoyed race one and led for a bit. Great race with Ben in a Ferrari duel :) Some great side by side action there Ben.

Real a shame the numbers seem to be dropping with the 92's... i see theres other races on a Sunday night which could be more important to the normal 92 guys?

I'll give it another last go next week....

Stephen,just to let you know that us 92 guys race on a saturday night too.
Some people are getting frustrated waiting for next event posts so,have a look and see what you think.

Thanks Chas, the 92's hold a special place for me as i was a beta tester before release. I have signed up for F1SR's 94 saturday night league which is in the final stages of testing....and "should" be well up there with the 92's.

Will have a quick look at Scott's site though....one of my fave cars of all time the Rothmans Porsche 962 :)

I apologize to everyone for missing yesterday's race. No excuse...I just completely forgot about the race. I hope I didn't spoil the fun but by reading the thread it sounds like a pretty good race. Till next time fellas!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.