rF2 F1 1992 @ Indianapolis - Sun 24th July 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
wow i suck on this track, i cant even beat the ai's, they do 1:15 i do 1:18 lol well atleast im consistent i guess :p always between 1:18.0 and 1:18.3 in 9 out of the last 12 laps ive done :D (soft tyres + race fuel)

Just some constructive ideas for you if you're interested. Start at the back. Don't try and win the race at the start or the first turn. Concentrate on getting a nice clean safe start. Easy on the gas and don't spin the car. Then take it easy while the tires warm up and settle in for a nice run. Don't worry about where you are in the race. That will come later. I guarantee it will be way more satisfying to run a race like that than crashing at the start and possibly taking others out with you.
You can either try this, or keep going the way you do, but doing it the way i described will get you further along in any race. I also hope you don't take any of what I said the wrong way, I'm only trying to make racing better for everyone here at RD.

Just some constructive ideas for you if you're interested. Start at the back. Don't try and win the race at the start or the first turn. Concentrate on getting a nice clean safe start. Easy on the gas and don't spin the car. Then take it easy while the tires warm up and settle in for a nice run. Don't worry about where you are in the race. That will come later. I guarantee it will be way more satisfying to run a race like that than crashing at the start and possibly taking others out with you.
You can either try this, or keep going the way you do, but doing it the way i described will get you further along in any race. I also hope you don't take any of what I said the wrong way, I'm only trying to make racing better for everyone here at RD.
+1 start slow and gradually speed up. Concentrate on race setup as well - at Hermanos and Rouen I got used to being able to throw the car around on qualis and it would take the abuse, but I got a shock when the race came. :)

Okay, I re-downloaded the mod(Copy&Pasted it into the install) and will look if I still get an error again. Although I can't find a wccarbody file anyway...

EDIT: Still have the same problem:( "Error loading the texture bodyskin for the material wccarbody"

Argh...

F1 mods always seem picky as hell about these things, I hate it...

wccarbody is a material name that rFactor recognises. For some reason, in your case it cannot find the texture that is needed. The problem resides in the GMT model files, packed inside one of the MAS archives. Either that or it cannot find the textures in each team folder. But you can't change much without getting mismatches.

wccarbody is a material name that rFactor recognises. For some reason, in your case it cannot find the texture that is needed. The problem resides in the GMT model files, packed inside one of the MAS archives. Either that or it cannot find the textures in each team folder. But you can't change much without getting mismatches.

Does that mean I'll have to re-download until I get the file?:S

Does that mean I'll have to re-download until I get the file?:S

Are you using the bigger 800 meg.exe or the 600 odd meg .7 file?
Are you using windows 7? if so turn off UAC reboot and try again.
Sounds to me like you have a path problem, if you're using 7.zip what are you decompressing it with?
The .exe should work fine out the box, UAC can cause problems though, if its is a .exe file try right clicking the file and run it as Administrator if running Windows 7 that is.

Chris

Are you using the bigger 800 meg.exe or the 600 odd meg .7 file?
Are you using windows 7? if so turn off UAC reboot and try again.
Sounds to me like you have a path problem, if you're using 7.zip what are you decompressing it with?
The .exe should work fine out the box, UAC can cause problems though, if its is a .exe file try right clicking the file and run it as Administrator if running Windows 7 that is.

Chris

1. .exe of rF? Because I don't know about 800 or 600...

2. Yes, Win7, but what is uac reboot?:S

3. I think I use Winrar.

4. ?:S

2. Yes, Win7, but what is uac reboot?:S

3. I think I use Winrar.

Ok.

800 600 is the size of the mod in MB

UAC is user access control

The mod comes in two flavors,

F1_1992_V1.0_Setup.exe which is 832mb, then your also need, F1_1992_1.01 Patch.exe which is 23.5 MB
The 7.zip is F192 LE 1.01.7z which is 646 MB

some flavors of winrar do not decompress .7zip files properly, if you have the .7zip do a search in goodle for the .7zip program, its a free download and very small.

Chris

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back