rF2 F1 1992 @ Indianapolis - Sun 24th July 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Went well tonight, although lack of practice made me very noncompetitive.
R1- Good start by all, got in the line, Martin and Chas had a coming together which resulted in Martin almost stopping and me hitting him in back. Loss of wing for each of us requiring a pit stop.

Bit of a dilemna here - left the pits in front of a 3 car battle so I let them pass. They seemed to take turns at running wide, going off line etc which allowed me to pass but then as I was a lap down I was getting blue flags so I would let them pass again only for the same thing to happen. I was running at a similar pace so probably could have held track position. I was tempted to ignore the blue flag and keep going but was worried I might get a penalty - does anyone know if this would happen? Eventually span out on my own.

R2 - Qualified mid grid, ran mid race, spun and lost 2 places finished 10th,

Good stuff tonight chaps, thanks Adam and the RD Guys.

Thanks for the races and to Martin and Todd I think, was a good battle for 7th in race 2.

Shame, I qualified 5th both times, only to spin or get tapped and finish 9th and 7th. Better next time.

Can someone send me the log files for both races so I can post the results on my website?

Todd, Chas?

Server will be running Paul Ricard in the morning, (my morning).

I only got on track tonight i haven't practised all week.
Q1- P12 with a 1:13.184 2 seconds from pole :-s
R1- i got away alright but ran a bit deep into turn 1 and got my wheels on the grass a little came out in front of Kariem.
Martin came up my inside going into turn 4,he lost the rear a little as we touched and that slowed him enough and steve made contact with him.
By lap 3 i was in P6 as others had issues with grip. George got a run on me out of turn 12,down to P7.
Kariem spun on lap 4 to give me P6 again.
Magnus caught up with me on lap 7 then on lap 8 he got me into turn 1. On lap 10 Magnus had a tangle with steve barbsy which handed me P5 for a result.
Q2- P7 with a 1:12.204 +0.927 to pole.
R2- Watching the replay the start and the first corner were fantastic! Held P7 untill Mr Jundt slid off in turn 5 that gave me P6 untill i missed my braking point going into turn 1 and Kariem passed me,down to P7,again lol
On lap 5 Kariem lost the rear exiting turn 7,P6 now.
On lap 6 again Magnus caught me again going into turn 1,from lap 7 to lap 16 we were tengths apart! A real close battle untill in lap 16 i locked the rears going into turn 4,i thought that was it,P6. Magnus has a little slide at turn 11 and i caught and passed him but he's got the speed so he gets me into,yes,turn 1 lol P6
On lap 17 Magnus slows going over the finish line,as if the race ended,i thought it would be too,but no,no flag! So i kept my foot in going into the final lap,as i look down at my fuel level......2 lts! I'm at turn 5 :-s ooooh noooo
I take the rest of the corners in 4th, 5th and 6th gears, i can hear Magnus catching me. Exiting turn 12 my car starts to splutter and cough lol somehow i got over the line about 100 yards before Magnus flew past me lol and my engine cut out at the pit exit lol P5
Great racing tonight guys ;-)
Thanks to everyone and RD :)

Quali 1: Kept finding traffic so couldn't get a good lap together. P7.

Race 1: Got stuck on the line as the car in front had a slow getaway. Think I dropped to 10th by turn 1. Avoided all the spinners on lap 1 and found myself in 3rd at the end of the lap. Hunted down Ben and was surprised how early he braked into turn 8 and I ended up nudging him in the rear. Waited for him to get back going again but we only lost a couple of seconds. Knowing I was better on the brakes and could just about keep up on the straights, I planned for a move into turn 8 or turn 1. However he had a moment out of turn 7 which gifted me 2nd. I chased down Mateusz to the line gaining 3 or 4 seconds but it wasn't quite enough.

Quali 2: Made small mistakes so could only manage 4th.

Race 2: Made a good start but I was being careful over the yard of bricks across the track after a spinning on them during a practice start in warm up. This meant I stayed 4th into turn 1. By the end of the lap, George had closed right in on me and the guys ahead but knowing he was on Quali's I forced him to take the outside line for turn 13 and then tuck in behind for the straight. I was right up behind Mateusz when Mohan went off giving me 4th, and then I got third after getting a good slipstream from behind a backmarker. I lost this going into turn 1 on the next lap as it became apparent Mateusz was running a lot less wing. I managed to retake him into turn 8 but every lap I had to defend into turn 1 as he would gain 8 tenths of a second on me from turn 12 onwards. I had to open up the gap in the twisty sections and sometimes I pushed too hard but I could always just about stay in front. George spun off on his Quali's halfway through the race and then with 4 laps to go Mateusz has a moment which causes him to drop back a couple of seconds, giving me the fresh air to chase after Andreas who I was able to hold at around 5 seconds during the long battle with Mateusz. Once in the fresh air and I could get into a rhythm, I was able to decrease the gap but it was too little too late so finished 2nd again.

I knew I had the speed and the lap times as I was quicker than those around me, but poor qualifying's got me stuck in the battles. :frown:

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%