AMS2 F1 1983 @ Kyalami Historic, Tuesday 18th July 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
ss230214.jpg

Join us Tuesday for another outing in the 1983 F1 cars, this time in the high altitude, high speed goodness of classic Kyalami. Can the Cosworths keep in touch with the big boost turbos? Will the engines or will the tyres be the first to cry "Enough!". Join us for two full-power sprints to find out.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

20230303135443_1.jpg

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 Tuesday Race Club
Server Password: PW on sign up.
Server Settings: X2 fuel, 1X tyre wear
Setups: Open
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Kyalami Historic
Cars: Formula Retro G3: V8, Turbo, Mclaren MP4/1C, Brabham BT52
20230717164444_1.jpg

1983 V8 Cosworth.jpg
1983turbo-jpg.677809

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Race 1.
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (25 minutes)
Lobby Break
Race 2.
Qualifying:
20:15 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 20:25 UTC (25 minutes)
20220524165925_1.jpg

Entry List
  1. Redvaliant
  2. Munkyboo
  3. thegreatradish
  4. GeekyDeaks
  5. *CK1249
  6. Razgriz112
  7. akephoe
  8. The Almighty Snark
  9. PurgerUK
  10. grooc
  11. max1966i
  12. Lloyd Johnston
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
I would love to participate. But daycare massively increased prices without prior warning and parent's council meeting has been called for Tuesday, 18:00 UTC. Hope that meeting will be over in time for the second race. Please put me on the list as a weak maybe.

I would love to participate. But daycare massively increased prices without prior warning and parent's council meeting has been called for Tuesday, 18:00 UTC. Hope that meeting will be over in time for the second race. Please put me on the list as a weak maybe.
Hey Christian, hope you can make it. Added.

Sign me up please
Hi Steve, added,

Over the weekend, I did a fair bit of testing various F1 cars on Kyalami. Man, they were all great, what a track.
This gave me the idea of using all the best of the open wheelers with the 1.5 tyre model for the next while, until such time as the full 1.5 update is released. So, next week will be either 1986 or 88; then 90-91. Suitable tracks to be decided.

One, two of many questions around ASM2 and this retro F1 cars:
i need 4-5laps to get heat in the tyres( at least 60-70°C), is this normal?
Can i map fuel mix and turbo pressure to change them while driving?

Yeah, the tyres on the older F1 cars take a few laps to come in - well the fronts at least; the rears can be turned to smoke with a bit of throttle in the turbo cars.

These 83 cars don't have onboard boost control - they should have, but it's unlikely to ever make an appearance - you need to set the boost in the setup menu, about 70% or less for the race.
There is a fuel map assignment for Lean, Meduim, Full that you can map to a button.

The 86 & 88 cars have a boost button which works like P2P. This is better as you can run medium boost and use the button to get short bursts of 100% without cooking the engine.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.